oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.

Getting Intel System Studio

lxylxy123456
Novice

Hi,

I am a Masters student at CMU working on a hypervisor project. In this project I need to debug an Intel CPU that runs VMX instructions using DCI. It looks like I need some propitiatory software from Intel to set up the hardware debugging. Probably I need Intel System Studio or Intel System Bring-up Toolkit, but I am not sure which one.

How can I get these software? It looks like I may need to sign a Confidential Non-Disclosure Agreement (CNDA). Does anyone know how I can sign it?

Thank you,

Eric Li

0 Kudos
9 Replies
ArpanB_Intel

Hi Eric, you can purchase a license to access the legacy Intel® System Studio.

Intel® oneAPI toolkits are the next generation of standards-based Intel® Software Development Tools for building and deploying smart, connected high-performance IoT applications across diverse architectures. The transition from Intel® System Studio to Intel® oneAPI toolkits delivers additional capabilities through existing tools and new tools. Intel® System Studio has transitioned onto Intel® oneAPI Base & IoT Toolkit. You can purchase an Intel® oneAPI Base & IoT Toolkit license from your nearest distributor/re-seller.

To contact your nearest re-seller/distributor, please click here: https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/tools/resellers.html, and scroll down to select your country from the drop down menu. You will be presented with their contact information.

0 Kudos
lxylxy123456
Novice

Hi Arpan,

I am going to use Intel® oneAPI toolkits for academic research purposes, and the commercial license is too expensive for me. Is there a free / community / academic version of the product?

I am not sure which exact software I need, but I think https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/tools/oneapi/system-bring-up-toolkit.html is most likely one I need. It says that this software requires a CNDA agreement. Do you know how I can sign one?

Thank you,

Eric Li

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Eric, Intel® oneAPI Toolkits is available for free as well. The tools are part of separate toolkits. Intel® System Studio has transitioned into Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit + Intel® oneAPI IoT Toolkit. To download the toolkits for free, visit: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/articles/news/free-intel-software-developer-tools.html

Also, to access the Intel® System Bring-up Toolkit, click on the 'Request Access' button by clicking here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/tools/oneapi/toolkits.html#bring-up-kit

0 Kudos
lxylxy123456
Novice

Hi Arpan,

For the Intel® System Bring-up Toolkit, when I request access the form is asking for "NDA Number" and "Intel Representative". Do you how I should fill these fields?

Also, do I need to sign a NDA? How can I sign it?

Thank you,

Eric Li

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Eric, we have contacted you privately with some information. Please check your inbox for further updates.

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Eric, Intel® System Bring-Up Toolkit is a NDA only toolkit. This means that the components of this toolkit are accessible to you only if you have CNDA/NDA agreement with Intel®.

For inquiring about how to setup an NDA with Intel®, you will need to talk to your Intel® account manager or representative to set that up for you or talk to your company's legal department to start the process for that.

0 Kudos
lxylxy123456
Novice

Hi Arpan,

I am a student at a university (CMU). I don't think my university's legal department can set the NDA up for me. I registered this Intel account myself. The registration is entirely online (I did not talk to any one in Intel during registration). Do you know who my account manager / representative is?

Thank you,

Eric Li

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Eric, we have contacted you privately with some information. Please check your inbox for further updates.

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Eric, unfortunately we were unable to hear back from you.

If you have any further queries, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel®.

0 Kudos