oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.
1285 Discussions

Has anyone seen this error on 2022.3 and vs19?

MWind2
New Contributor III

630 ERROR CreateInstance failed for package [OneApiPackage]Source: 'mscorlib' Description: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.Shell.15.0, Version=17.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.Shell.15.0, Version=17.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. File name: 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.Shell.15.0, Version=17.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a'at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.GetType(RuntimeAssembly assembly, String name, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase, ObjectHandleOnStack type)at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.GetType(String name, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase)at System.Activator.CreateInstanceFromInternal(String assemblyFile, String typeName, Boolean ignoreCase, BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes, Evidence securityInfo)at System.AppDomain.CreateInstanceFrom(String assemblyFile, String typeName) WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF. To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1. Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging. To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog]. {EFE5E195-27CD-4D56-A266-C2E2963B0D72} 80004005 - E_FAIL VisualStudio 2022/10/16 21:38:15.721

Stuff works, though, after an ignore.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
MWind2
New Contributor III

I'm sorry, but I can't because I realized there was no way I was going to get Intel PSXE 2017 Cluster off that computer, and I reset it. To a clean reset install I did not see such an error. Maybe we should delete this thread or consider it closed.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
MWind2
New Contributor III

intel_errBLUR.jpg

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Hi Malcolm, are you facing this issue during the installation/integration process or while using a component of the toolkit? If you are facing this issue during the usage of a component, could you specify the name of the component with us?

Also, please specify the build of VS 2019 you are using.

We would like to know.

0 Kudos
MWind2
New Contributor III

VS19 16.11.20. I see this when I open VS19. 2022.3 installed with integration with VS2019 and VS2022. I am trying now to determine if oneAPI installations with Intel PSXE 2017 causes PSXE 2017 to not uninstall or modify.  VS2022 shows no such error message upon opening.

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Malcolm, could you share the Activity Log.xml file with us from the path shown in the error message box?

We would need it to investigate your issue further.

0 Kudos
MWind2
New Contributor III

I'm sorry, but I can't because I realized there was no way I was going to get Intel PSXE 2017 Cluster off that computer, and I reset it. To a clean reset install I did not see such an error. Maybe we should delete this thread or consider it closed.

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Malcolm, thank you for sharing the solution with us. We are glad that the issue is resolved.

If you have any further queries, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel®.

0 Kudos