oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.
1262 Discussions

How can I renew an Intel Parallel Studio XE floating license?

Daniel_Ruiz
Beginner

Hello,

I am trying to renew a floating license for Intel Parallel Studio XE. Actually, my server is serving a floating license that ends September 2th 2021. In that license I act as "Developer", not as "Owner", and when I try to renew it, it appears this message "Only the administrator of this serial number may perform this operation".

Now, I need to renew it because I'm preparing the lab computers for next course. So, what can I do?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi Daniel_Ruiz,

Thanks for providing the details. Based on the information, we have successfully transferred the license to your account. You may visit the Intel® Registration Center and sign in with your login id to find the product license.

Intel® Registration Center Link: https://registrationcenter.intel.com/en/products/

We would also like to let you know that, Intel® has transitioned from providing Intel® Parallel Studio XE as a free tool to providing Intel® oneAPI Toolkits as a free tool. Due to that, the request for Intel® Parallel Studio XE free license renewal/re-application is outside of our scope of assistance.

However, please know that the transition from Intel® Parallel Studio XE to Intel® oneAPI Toolkits delivers additional capabilities through existing tools and new tools.

The Intel® Parallel Studio XE Cluster Edition product suite maps to the equivalent Intel® oneAPI Toolkits: Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit + Intel® oneAPI HPC Toolkit.

The Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit and the Intel® oneAPI HPC Toolkit are available for Windows*, Linux*, and macOS*.

·   Qualification – No qualification is required.

·   Support – All Intel® oneAPI Toolkits are available at no cost and include community forum support.

·   Licensing – Install and run the tools under the terms of use found in the End User License Agreement. No license files are needed.

Please click on the below link to choose and download the required product tools with respect to Intel® oneAPI Toolkits.

Link - https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/articles/qualify-for-free-software.html

Note - Make sure to download and install Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit first and then add Intel® oneAPI HPC Toolkit or the toolkit of your choice.

An option to still get Intel® Parallel Studio XE is emailing your serial number and contact information to software_tools_request@intel.com to request a license. However, please know, the chances of getting a license are low and it is not guaranteed.

The only other way left, to get the Intel® Parallel Studio XE suite is by purchasing a commercial or academic license for Intel® oneAPI Toolkits. You may contact our resellers for more information regarding the purchase.

Reseller's Link: https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/tools/resellers.html

Have a nice day ahead!

Regards,

Soumya

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi Daniel_Ruiz, 

Thanks for posting your concern on the forum. We have just emailed you requesting certain details regarding the concern. Since these details contain private information and cannot be provided on the public forum, we would suggest you get back to us by replying to the email.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi Daniel_Ruiz,

Thanks for providing the details. Based on the information, we have successfully transferred the license to your account. You may visit the Intel® Registration Center and sign in with your login id to find the product license.

Intel® Registration Center Link: https://registrationcenter.intel.com/en/products/

We would also like to let you know that, Intel® has transitioned from providing Intel® Parallel Studio XE as a free tool to providing Intel® oneAPI Toolkits as a free tool. Due to that, the request for Intel® Parallel Studio XE free license renewal/re-application is outside of our scope of assistance.

However, please know that the transition from Intel® Parallel Studio XE to Intel® oneAPI Toolkits delivers additional capabilities through existing tools and new tools.

The Intel® Parallel Studio XE Cluster Edition product suite maps to the equivalent Intel® oneAPI Toolkits: Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit + Intel® oneAPI HPC Toolkit.

The Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit and the Intel® oneAPI HPC Toolkit are available for Windows*, Linux*, and macOS*.

·   Qualification – No qualification is required.

·   Support – All Intel® oneAPI Toolkits are available at no cost and include community forum support.

·   Licensing – Install and run the tools under the terms of use found in the End User License Agreement. No license files are needed.

Please click on the below link to choose and download the required product tools with respect to Intel® oneAPI Toolkits.

Link - https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/articles/qualify-for-free-software.html

Note - Make sure to download and install Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit first and then add Intel® oneAPI HPC Toolkit or the toolkit of your choice.

An option to still get Intel® Parallel Studio XE is emailing your serial number and contact information to software_tools_request@intel.com to request a license. However, please know, the chances of getting a license are low and it is not guaranteed.

The only other way left, to get the Intel® Parallel Studio XE suite is by purchasing a commercial or academic license for Intel® oneAPI Toolkits. You may contact our resellers for more information regarding the purchase.

Reseller's Link: https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/tools/resellers.html

Have a nice day ahead!

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi Daniel_Ruiz,

Please let us know if there are any further concerns.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi Daniel_Ruiz,

I assume that your issue is resolved. However, if you need any additional information, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel®. 

Have a nice day ahead.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos