oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.

Ifort 2006 version name?

pruthvi1
Beginner

Hello,

I am currently installing WRF V2.2, which was released in 2006 and it requires the ifort compiler. I was wondering what version of ifort would I need? I can't seem to find a changelog or release notes that goes as far as 2006. Also where could I be able to download the 2006 version?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi pruthvi1,

Thanks for posting your concern on the forum. We are currently looking into it with our resources. Please wait for 2-3 business days. We will get back to you as soon as possible.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi pruthvi1,

We have checked for the version with our resources. Please note the Intel® Fortran Compiler 2006 is an old and unsupported version. You may visit the below link for more information on unsupported product versions.

Link: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/articles/release-notes/intel-parallel-studio-xe-supported-and-unsupported-product-versions.html

We try our best to provide old product versions, if removed from the download repository but available in our archives, to assist the users. However, the installer and the documentation of product version 2006 have been removed from our archives since it is really old, has deprecated, and does not contain security fixes available in the recent versions.

Nevertheless, please let us know if there are any other versions that we can assist you with. Looking forward to your update.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi pruthvi1,

Please let us know if there are any further concerns.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi pruthvi1,

We understand that you might be looking into the issue. However, this is to update you that we have not heard from you on our previous responses. Please reply within the next 24 business hours to keep this thread active.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
pruthvi1
Beginner

Hello there,

So I clicked on the link you sent (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/articles/release-notes/intel-parallel-studio-xe-supported-and-unsupported-product-versions.html.) . But I don't see what unsupported versions you have available.

Is there a list of unsupported versions that you have achrived?

Thanks,

-Pruthvi1 

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi pruthvi1,

Thanks for getting back to us on the thread. We apologize for any miscommunication caused. However, the link was to provide more information on what supported and unsupported versions are and why the unsupported versions are not available in the download repository.

As for the archive, we do not have any such list of unsupported products. The availability of the unsupported product versions is not guaranteed. We recommend users use the available supported versions from the download repository. However, based on the user's requirements, we search for the version and provide them if they are available at that time.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi pruthvi1,

Please let us know if there are any updates or concerns regarding the thread.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi pruthvi1,

We understand that you might be looking into the issue. However, this is to update you that we have not heard from you on our previous responses. Please reply within the next 24 business hours to keep this thread active.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos