oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.
1380 Discussions

Incompatible intel c/c++ compiler version when trying to install vasp

Cardila86
Beginner

I have Intel compiler 2024 and I am trying to install vasp5.4.4(uses compiler classic) through them but since intel C++ compiler classic is deprecated, it's necessary to change all commands to the newer version.  However, it seems to not be compatible. So, I want to install the older version of the compiler, intel C++ compiler classic. Where can I find it?

Thanks.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Vipin_Singh1

Hey Carlos, can you let us know the specific version you want to download and install? Additionally, please provide the operating system along with its build version.

0 Kudos
Cardila86
Beginner

Hi, sorry for not including the information. I Would like to install Intel oneAPI DPC++ Compiler 2023.2 and Intel C++ Compiler Classic 2021.10.

Currently, I'm working on Linux, with Linux Mint 21.3 Cinnamon

0 Kudos
Vipin_Singh1

Hi Carlos, Intel® oneAPI DPC++ Compiler version 2023.2 and Intel® C++ Compiler Classic 2021.10 are older and unsupported product. Please note that older versions of Intel® compilers are not available publicly; only the Intel® one API Toolkits and the latest products are available for download and installation.

Intel® has decided that Intel Compilers Versions: 2024.0.1 and earlier are not supported anymore. We urge users to upgrade to the latest version of Intel® developer tools. The unsupported versions do not include the latest functional and security updates. These versions are targeted to be removed after a period. We understand that this might be challenging, but it's important to note that the users with active priority support can only access older product versions.

For more information refer to the below link: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/articles/release-notes/oneapi-supported-product-versions.htm, and scroll down to the Unsupported Product Version.

Intel® oneAPI users with active Intel Priority Support can access older versions via a secure portal you gain access to as part of your support subscription. 

FAQ's Priority Support Link: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/get-help/faq-priority-support.html

0 Kudos
Vipin_Singh1

Hi Carlos, unfortunately, we were unable to hear back from you. 

If you have any further queries, please post a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel®. 

0 Kudos