oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.
1284 Discussions

Installation issues on Windows 10 (blank UI)

khp
Beginner

Hi, I'm having trouble installing Intel Fortran on a Windows 10 machine. Running either the online or offline installer (w_fortran-compiler_p_2022.1.0.139.exe/w_fortran-compiler_p_2022.1.0.139_offline.exe) results in an empty window. Please see attached screenshot and installation logs. Have to kill it in task manager to get rid of it.

If I restart in Safe Mode with Networking, I can get a bit further and move through installation setup, but it fails on the intel.oneapi.win.condaindex package with "Sequence execution failed" error (see attached screenshot).

I have tried uninstalling all previous VS and Intel products, unregistering/re-naming "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\VisualStudio\Setup\x86\Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Configuration.Native.dll", and re-installing VS and Intel products, but unfortunately it did not help.

Please let me know if you have any further suggestions or need any other information?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi khp,

Thanks for your update via email. Glad to know that the installation worked after reinstalling Windows. Proceeding further, we are closing this thread. However, if you have any other concerns or need any additional information, please feel free to post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel®.

Hope you have a wonderful day ahead!

Regards,

Soumya

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
19 Replies
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi khp,

Thanks for getting back to us via a new post. We apologize for the inconvenience caused due to the issue. However, we appreciate you providing the logs and screenshots. Kindly let us know the below details.

• Is there any institutional network or access privilege restriction on the system or this user account of the system?
  • Is the system connected to a docking station?
  • The version(s) and build number(s) of Visual Studio, if any, are currently installed on the system.

The information will allow us to check further. Looking forward to your response.

Have a wonderful day ahead!

0 Kudos
khp
Beginner

Hi Soumya,

There are no restrictions on this system or user account, and it's a traditional desktop, so no docking station.

For VS versions, I've currently got 2005 (8.0.50727.867), 2010 (10.0.40219.1 SP1Rel), 2015 (14.0.25431.01 Update 3), 2019 (16.11.11), and 2022 (17.1.1). I've also tried with 2022 17.0.6 per a previous recommendation, but that didn't change anything.

And just for a bit more context, we do have several other developers with the exact same hardware and slate of VS versions who have been able to install Fortran 2022 without problems.

Thanks again

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi khp,

Please let us know the requested details. They will allow us to look into the issue further.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
khp
Beginner

There are no restrictions on the account, and this is a desktop workstation, so no docking station.

I currently have VS 2005 (8.0.50727.867), VS 2010 (10.0.40219.1 SP1Rel), VS 2015 (14.0.25431.01 Update 3), VS 2019 (16.11.11), and VS 2022 (17.1.1). I also tried with VS  2002 17.0.6 per a previous support recommendation, but that didn't change anything.

Just for context, we do have several other devs with the exact same hardware and slate of VS versions as I do, but I'm the only one seeing this problem.

0 Kudos
khp
Beginner

There are no restrictions on the account, and this is a desktop workstation, so no docking station.

I currently have VS 2005 (8.0.50727.867), VS 2010 (10.0.40219.1 SP1Rel), VS 2015 (14.0.25431.01 Update 3), VS 2019 (16.11.11), and VS 2022 (17.1.1). I also tried with VS  2002 17.0.6 per a support recommendation, but that didn't change anything.

Just for context, we do have several other devs with the exact same hardware and slate of VS versions as I do, but I'm the only one seeing this problem.

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi khp,

Thanks for the details. We are checking on them, the prior details, and the previous post to understand the situation better. Kindly wait for 2-3 business days. I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Have a nice day ahead!

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi khp,

Thanks for your patience while we had been checking on the concern with our internal team. To look into the issue better, they would require the results of a clean installation of Visual Studio and Intel® Fortran Compiler Classic and Intel® Fortran Compiler for Windows 2022.1.0.

We understand you have tried similar steps before, however, with the mentioned component version there have been lesser installation issues and if it persists the clean install will allow us to check better. Kindly go through the below steps and continue only if the previous step is finished.

• Remove all the Visual Studio versions (i.e. the ones you had mentioned and any remaining traces of others) from the system. Please visit the below link to find Microsoft's recommended ways to uninstall and remove Visual Studio completely. After uninstalling versions using installers, check with the InstallCleanup tool to make sure no traces of any instances are left.
  • Remove any and all traces of Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit, Intel® oneAPI HPC Toolkit and any components of the toolkit installed or remaining on the system.
  1. In case you face any issues with the uninstallation, please try these previously mentioned steps. Please revert (rename and re-register) them back before the uninstallations are done.
    1. : check that "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\VisualStudio\Setup\x86\Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Configuration.Native.dll' does not exist anymore.
    2. If it was not removed with Microsoft Visual Studio for some reason, please unregister the DLL using REGSVR32 /U C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\VisualStudio\Setup\x86\Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Configuration.Native.dll command in Command Prompt as Administrator.
    3. Then rename the file to Backup_Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Configuration.Native.dll so the Intel® Installer can't load it.

We are providing the download link to the offline installer of the mentioned toolkit component below. Please make sure there is no other instance of the product toolkit or standalone components on the system before proceeding.

Download Link: https://registrationcenter-download.intel.com/akdlm/irc_nas/18716/w_fortran-compiler_p_2022.1.0.139_offline.exe

Kindly let us know if you are stuck on a step. However, if you have finished all of them and the issue persists, then please get back to us with the below details.

• The current %TEMP% log file and installation log files?
  • We understand that the hardware is the same, however, is there any VPN, antivirus or accelerator enabled during the process?
  • Are the errors during the installation the same?

Looking forward to your findings. Have a nice day ahead!

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi khp,

Please let us know the requested details if the issue persists. Kindly update us if it has been resolved.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
khp
Beginner

I've now uninstalled every version of Visual Studio and Intel Fortran compiler ever installed on this machine. I then ran the VS InstallCleanup tool. Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Configuration.Native.dll still remained so I unregistered and renamed it.

*Without* installing any version of Visual Studio, I downloaded and ran w_fortran-compiler_p_2022.1.0.139_offline.exe from the link in your last post with admin rights.

Unfortunately, I still get a blank window (see screenshot), and I've also attached the installer logs. Still seeing those QtWarningMsgs from previous attempts, which seem suspicious given the empty UI.

I'm not running on a VPN, anti-virus is disabled, and there are no instances of Visual Studio installed at this point. Please let me know if you need any further information, or if there is anything else I should try?

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi khp,

Thanks for all the details. Yes, there is one piece of information that we would require based on recent attempts to replicate the concern. We have emailed the same to you.

Please provide us with a video of the products currently installed (from Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features) and the steps taken to the occurrence i.e. blank screen. Kindly get back to us by replying to the email.

Looking forward to your update. Have a pleasant day ahead.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi khp,

Kindly get back to us with the information. It will allow us to check better.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
khp
Beginner

You mentioned replying to the email, so I replied to the email you sent on Wednesday evening from supportreplies@intel.com (Case #: 05471490) and provided the requested information. I assumed you created a ticket to help protect privacy.

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi khp,

Thanks for getting back to us on the thread. We have checked thoroughly based on your response. However, the video seems to have not reached us. There may have been a technical glitch and we apologize for it.

We have freshly sent an email just recently. Kindly get back to us with the requested video by replying to it. Looking forward to your update.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi khp,

Thank you for getting back to us with the link. We have received the video of the products currently installed (from Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features), however, not a video of the steps taken for the installation and the blank screen occurrence.

Kindly get back to us with the above-mentioned (underlined). Looking forward to your response.

Have a nice day ahead!

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi khp,

Thanks a lot. We have received the second video via the link. We are currently checking on the concern with our internal team. Kindly wait for 2-3 business days. We will get back to you as soon as possible.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi khp,

Please let us know if the issue persists after goin through the information mentioned in our recent emails. Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi khp,

We understand that you might be looking into the issue. However, this is to update you that we have not heard from you on our previous responses. Please reply within the next 24 business hours to keep this thread active.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi khp,

We are keeping the thread open as per your response via email. Kindly find our emailed reply to it (sent recently). Looking forward to your update regarding the concern.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi khp,

Thanks for your update via email. Glad to know that the installation worked after reinstalling Windows. Proceeding further, we are closing this thread. However, if you have any other concerns or need any additional information, please feel free to post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel®.

Hope you have a wonderful day ahead!

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos