oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.

Installation of Intel Cluster Checker

aishwaryag10
New Contributor I

Hello,

I am planning to install Intel Cluster Checker 2021.

As per the software requirements in installation plan, we need to install Intel oneAPI HPC toolkit and basekit.

Could you please let me know which versions of Intel® oneAPI HPC toolkit and basekit support in operating system RHEL 7.7 and RHEL 7.9?

Please let me know if any additional information is required.

Thanks,

Aishwarya G.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
AbhishekD_Intel

Hi Aishwarya,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

We have a dedicated forum to handle installation-related issues. As this issue is more related to installation, we are moving this thread to the Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation forum.

Warm Regards,

Abhishek

Soumya_M_Intel

Hi Aishwarya,

The Red Hat* Enterprise Linux* 7.x is a supported operating system version for the currently available product versions of Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit & Intel® oneAPI HPC Toolkit. For more information, you may visit the below links:

Regards,

Soumya

aishwaryag10
New Contributor I

Thanks for helping me with the necessary information @Soumya_M_Intel 

I have gone through the Installation procedure, Installing the Intel oneAPI HPC Toolkit will have the choice to install all, or pick one or more components, e.g.  Intel Cluster Checker.

I have few doubts regarding installation of Intel oneAPI HPC toolkit:

1. Do I need to install Intel oneAPI basekit first before going ahead with Intel oneAPI HPC toolkit?(referring to the info mentioned in Intel oneAPI HPC toolkit Installation procedure)

2. Any GPU requirement is mandatory, as I found some information in the installation procedure of Intel oneAPI basekit?

Request you to throw some light regarding this and please feel free to give more detailed information.

Regards,

Aishwarya G.

0 Kudos
aishwaryag10
New Contributor I

Also, request you to confirm regarding supportability of Intel oneAPI HPC Toolkit, Intel oneAPI basekit, Intel Cluster Checker 2021 with RHEL 7.7 and 7.9.

I understand that the link you've provided suggests that it would support RHEL 7.x.

But it's not clear if the query I am asking has been tested from your side and can be confirmed regarding the versions I've mentioned.

Also, any gcc version dependency? @Soumya_M_Intel 

Pardon me for many queries, I am just trying to ensure about this and collect all info before going ahead with installation, so that errors can be avoided.

0 Kudos
Viet_H_Intel

Do I need to install Intel oneAPI basekit first before going ahead with Intel oneAPI HPC toolkit?(referring to the info mentioned in Intel oneAPI HPC toolkit Installation procedure)

No, you don't have to install oneAPI Basekit first. You can just go ahead with oneAPI HPC toolkit.

Any GPU requirement is mandatory, as I found some information in the installation procedure of Intel oneAPI basekit?

NO, unless you have plan for GPU development, then these drivers are required https://github.com/intel/compute-runtime/releases/tag/20.43.18277

Also, request you to confirm regarding supportability of Intel oneAPI HPC Toolkit, Intel oneAPI basekit, Intel Cluster Checker 2021 with RHEL 7.7 and 7.9.

Yes,

any gcc version dependency

GCC 5.1 or higher.

Viet_H_Intel

Sorry I was confused and wrong on your first question. You do need to install oneAPI base toolkit first then install HPC toolkit.

0 Kudos
Viet_H_Intel

Hi,

Is it OK to close this thread?

Thanks

0 Kudos
aishwaryag10
New Contributor I

Hello @Viet_H_Intel 

Request you to please keep it open for 2 more days.

I am planning to install Intel Cluster Checker tomorrow.

So, if I face any issues, would like to report it to you for help.

Once, it is done, you may close the thread.

Thanks,

Aishwarya G.

0 Kudos
Viet_H_Intel

Hi,

Have you installed it successfully? Please let us know if it's ok to close this topic.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Viet_H_Intel

Haven't heard from you, so we assume you were able to install Intel Cluster Checker and will no longer respond to this thread. If you require additional assistance from Intel, please start a new thread. Any further interaction in this thread will be considered community only.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
aishwaryag10
New Contributor I

Hello @Viet_H_Intel 

Pardon me for the delay in response.

I have successfully installed Intel oneAPI Base toolkit and HPC toolkit.

Thanks for your assistance so far. You are good to close the ticket.

Yes, I will reach out and open a ticket if need be, once again thank you.

Regards,

Aishwarya G.

0 Kudos