oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.
1281 Discussions

Intel Fortran XE 19.04 compiler: Is this available with OneAPI?

GS76
New Contributor I

To whom it may concern:

I use MSC Software MSC Marc Finite Element Analysis Software with user-subroutine Fortran routines in Redhat Linux.

My student license for Intel® Parallel Studio XE Cluster Edition for Linux has expired and hence I am looking if I can crossover to OneAPI now.

The latest MSC Marc software states that it needs Intel Fortran XE 19.04 compiler. I am unsure if that is only available in Parallel Studio and/or OneAPI.

I would appreciate understand where Intel Fortran 19.04 compiler is available?

I have e-mailed the software_tools_request@intel.com to acquire a new student serial number, but have not received any reply as of yet.

Any assistance would be much appreciated with all my questions.

Regards,

Gary

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
GS76
New Contributor I

Hi all,

In the meantime, I did get a reply from software_tools_request@intel.com with regards to extending the license of my student version of Intel® Parallel Studio XE Cluster Edition for Linux*

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
GS76
New Contributor I

With regards the above I have summarised it differently:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1) Can you provide Intel Fortran XE 19.04 because MSC Marc (the application which I use generally) is officially supported on XE 19.04. For MARC (to run user subroutines) MKL libraries & cluster support module/function are mandatory. As per my understanding it is included in XE 19.04. Please confirm this.

2) What is OneAPI? Can you provide Intel Fortran XE 19.04 version through OneAPI? Will there be any changes (from a functionality point of view) if I go for Intel Fortran XE 19.04 version through OneAPI?
0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Hi Gary, Intel® Parallel Studio XE has transitioned over to Intel® oneAPI now. With this transition, the latest version of the compilers are now a part of the toolkit. 19.0.4 is an older version of the compiler that is not a part of the toolkit.

The latest version of the Fortran compiler is 2021.3.0. which is a part of the Intel® oneAPI HPC Toolkit. However, if you do want to install it, make sure you install the Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit first. To download them, please visit: https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/articles/free-intel-software-developer-tools.html

0 Kudos
GS76
New Contributor I

Hi all,

In the meantime, I did get a reply from software_tools_request@intel.com with regards to extending the license of my student version of Intel® Parallel Studio XE Cluster Edition for Linux*

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Gary, we have contacted you privately regarding your issue. Please check your inbox and share us the information there as it is non-public in nature.

0 Kudos