oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.
1293 Discussions

Intel OneAPI 2023.0 base toolkit installation issue

JesseKS
Beginner

I have VS2019 installed and have an existing oneapi 2022.1 basekit+hpc kit installed

Just installed VS2022, updated it to the latest 17.4.5 and thought I'd get the latest oneAPI base tookit on it - so installed 2023.0

I get the following error almost straight away:

Removal of component has failed.
Component id: intel.oneapi.win.dpcpp_ct.vs2019, name: Intel® DPC++ Compatibility Tool, version: 2022.0.0-97.

This is using the offline installer - install log attached.

Any suggestions?  Or should I wait for 2023.1 before trying again.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi JesseKS,

Thanks for posting your concern on the forum. Appreciate the detailed summary, screenshot of VS info and installation log. Please know that the Visual Studio version builds: 2022 17.4.2 and 2019 16.11.21 are the compatible versions for Intel® oneAPI Release 2023.0.

Note: Our engineering team has tested and documented the compatible Visual Studio versions and their build numbers for integration with the toolkit versions. Because of that, as mentioned above, Intel® recommends users to check and choose from the below link.

Intel® Compilers Compatibility with Microsoft Visual Studio* Linkhttps://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/articles/reference-implementation/intel-compilers-compatibility-with-microsoft-visual-studio-and-xcode.html

Based on the information shared, we would recommend you try uninstalling the current Visual Studio version and install a supported version build.

Please let us know if the issue persists even after trying with a compatible Visual Studio version or if there are any further concerns regarding the same. Kindly update us if the issue has been resolved. Looking forward to your response on the thread.

Hope you have a wonderful day ahead!

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
JesseKS
Beginner

I'm continuing to have issues.

I uninstalled Visual Studio 2022 17.4.5 and reinstalled 17.4.2 as you recommended:

JesseKS_0-1676892932109.png

Then tried once more to install the Intel oneAPI Base tookit 2023.0 (w_BaseKit_p_2023.0.0.25940_offline.exe)

And got the same error:

JesseKS_1-1676892963212.png

Log file is attached:

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi JesseKS,

Thanks for getting back to us on the thread and sharing the details. We have been checking on the issue with our resources. Kindly wait for 2-3 business days. We will get back to you as soon as possible.

Hope you have a nice day ahead!

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
JesseKS
Beginner
0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi JesseKS,

Yes. Thanks for your patience while we were working on the issue. Kindly go through the below steps. Please only proceed with the steps when the previous step has been completed.

• Close any running Intel installers, Visual Studio instances and Visual Studio Installer.
  • Run Command Prompt as an Administrator.
  • Unregister Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Configuration.Native.dll using REGSVR32 utility to unblock uninstallation of older oneAPI MSI packages:
    • REGSVR32 /U C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\VisualStudio\Setup\x86\Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Configuration.Native.dll
  • Uninstall the existing Intel® oneAPI Base & HPC Toolkit 2022.1 using their installers.
  • Go back to the command prompt window and register the Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Configuration.Native.dll back:
    • REGSVR32 C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\VisualStudio\Setup\x86\Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Configuration.Native.dll
  • Try installing the Intel® oneAPI Base & HPC Toolkit 2023.

However, kindly let us know if the issue persists or if there are any concerns in between the steps. Hope you have a nice day ahead. 

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi JesseKS,

Please let us know if the issue persists or if there are any further queries or concerns.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi JesseKS,

We understand that you might be looking into the provided steps. However, this is to update you that we have not heard from you on our previous responses. Please reply within the next 24 business hours to keep this thread active.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos