oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.
1262 Discussions

Intel OneAPI base toolkit install fails at Python step on Windows10

3c58
Novice

There are several community threads on the same topic from about a year ago.  The solution was to get the latest installer (2021.3 at the time), but I only downloaded the installer quite recently, so that fix cannot be the solution.  I am using w_BaseKit_p_2022.1.3.210_offline.exe to install the base kit.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
ArpanB_Intel

User confirmed the issue to be resolved internally:

> Installation went fine after unchecking Python.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 Replies
ArpanB_Intel

Hi Mike, do you have an older version of Intel® oneAPI Base or HPC Toolkit installed on your system? Also, please let us know if you have Microsoft Visual Studio installed or not? If so, please share the version of the IDE as well.

0 Kudos
3c58
Novice

No.  This was my first attempt at a One API kit installation.

0 Kudos
3c58
Novice

Yes, Microsoft Visual Studio 2021 and Python 3.9 are both already installed and working fine.

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Mike, thank you for the information. Could you share the log files with us?

The default location of logs on Windows would be> C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI\logs

0 Kudos
3c58
Novice

There are no log files matching Intel or OneAPI anywhere on my C: drive.  I reran the installation without quitting after the error posted to see if that made a difference.  It didn't.  Is there somewhere else I could look?

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Mike, from the screenshot you have shared, we see the option of View log file at the bottom of the dialog box. Please click on it and it should open the log file for you along with it's path. You could then share it with us.

0 Kudos
3c58
Novice

Log file attached.

0 Kudos
3c58
Novice

I attached the entire log file in a reply on 

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Mike, we had contacted you privately to share an update with you. We will again try to contact you with some information. Please check your inbox and let us know if you are not receiving our messages.

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Mike, could you initiate a custom installation rather than a regular installation? When you run the installer, you are provided with two modes on installation, Recommended Installation and Custom Installation. Click on Custom Installation and you should find the option to select/unselect tools as per your requirement. We suggest you to unselect Intel® Distribution for Python* tool and proceed with the installation.

If you continue to face the issue, do let us know.

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

User confirmed the issue to be resolved internally:

> Installation went fine after unchecking Python.

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Mike, we thank you for the sharing the confirmation. We are glad that the issue is resolved.

If you have any further queries, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel®.

0 Kudos