oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.
1284 Discussions

Intel Parallel Studio Instead of OneAPI

cgtomsett
Beginner

Hi All,

I am aware this may be the wrong place to ask this but I have been suggested to post here several times after conversations with Intel over e-mail. 

Long story short, I am using a model which to compile needs intel parallel studio (2016, 18 or 19). It has hard coded filepaths that won't work using the oneAPI toolkit as I have recently tried, including editing these filepaths. 

As a student, am I able to get a copy of parallel studio xe so that I can get my models to run?   

Thanks,

Chris

0 Kudos
3 Replies
GouthamK_Intel

Hi Chris,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

As your issue is related to Download and Installation, we have a dedicated forum that handles issues related to Registration, Download, Licensing, and Installation. Hence we are redirecting this thread there for a faster response.

Have a Good day!

Thanks & Regards

Goutham

0 Kudos
Nupur_K_Intel

Hi Chris, please note that earlier we used to provide free licenses and free software packages to Educators, Students, and Researchers to install Intel® Parallel Studio XE. Now, with the transition to Intel® oneAPI, we do not provide free licenses. Students, Educators, Researchers can download and install Intel® oneAPI software package for free without a license. And only the most recent releases of the Toolkits will be made available.

Kindly check the below link for more information:

Link: https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/articles/oneapi-commercial-faq.html

However, if you wish you can apply for an academic license, we suggest you to email the academic department directly at academicdevelopersinfo@intel.com (this may take up to two weeks for a response).

You can also opt for purchasing a license. To make the choice about purchasing a license, you may use the below link.

Distributors & Resellers Link: https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/tools/resellers.html

Do let us know if you have any other concerns. Have a nice day ahead!

0 Kudos
kingmeeko
Beginner

I purchased a license for parallel Fortran XE Composer last August because the funds were available then. Now when I need to install the Fortran after obtaining a new linux computer  the serial number is not working. I have spent well over $1000 on this license and this is completely unacceptable. There is no-one to call to rectify the situation. What kind of a company is this where there is no number to call?!

0 Kudos