oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.

Intel Parallel Studio License

Leila
Beginner

Hi.

I have been using Intel Parallel studio Fortran for the last ten years in order to create mex files for the Matlab environment. My academic Intel license (I am university teacher) has expired, and I have now installed oneAPI Basictoolkit and HPCtoolkit that, however, are not recognized by Matlab. Actually I have been informed by Matlab that the only supported Fortran compiler is Intel Parallel Studio. I would be really grateful if you could provide me with a license for Intel Parallel Studio.

Regards

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ArpanB_Intel

Hi Leila, earlier if your educator license had expired, you would have to re-apply for a new license. This was because free licenses cannot be renewed and you would have to re-apply for a new license serial number. However, now Intel® Parallel Studio XE has now transitioned over to Intel® oneAPI. Since this transition, we have stopped providing free licenses for Intel® oneAPI. We have also stopped generating licenses for Intel® Parallel Studio XE.

Please click here: Free Intel® Software Development Tools, choose your required toolkit and download it. You do not need a license file to install the software.

0 Kudos
Leila
Beginner

Thank you for your email. I understand that Intel does not release licenses for Intel Parallel Studio XE, but I also understand that Matlab says "The only supported Fortran compiler is Intel Parallel Studio".

When Intel decided to transition to Intel oneAPI, did they consider how to solve this conflict?

Regards,

Leila

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Leila, our licenses are backward compatible. If you purchase an Intel® oneAPI license, you can still use your Intel® Parallel Studio XE software with it. It is just that we have stopped generating free licenses anymore. You can still use the tools for free. However, they are only available as a part of the Intel® oneAPI toolkits.

0 Kudos
Leila
Beginner

Thank you. Could you please give me indications (link) about purchase conditions and price.

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Leila, please contact your nearest resellers/distributors on the purchase issue and price related information. Visit this link> https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/tools/resellers.html, and select your country from the drop down menu. You will be provided the contact information of your nearest distributor/resellers. They are best suited to answer this query.

0 Kudos