oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.

Intel Parallel Studio XE license

cqi4
Beginner

Dear all,

I am facing a problem that makes me frustrated. I know Intel OneAPI is launched for free to replace the previous Intel Parallel Studio XE. I installed Intel OneAPI, and it works well when I compile Fortran in Visual Studio. However, I found a serious problem recently. Intel OneAPI does not support the compilation in MATLAB mex. I was surprised when I saw this. Then, I went back to the Intel Parallel Studio XE. But I was told that no free license is available anymore. Do you guys know how to solve this problem?

This link tells the supported product in MATLAB. https://www.mathworks.com/support/requirements/supported-compilers.htCapture.PNGml

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi cqi4,

Thanks for posting your concern on the forum. Close to what you mentioned, please note, Intel® has transitioned from providing Intel® Parallel Studio XE as a free tool (student) to providing Intel® oneAPI Toolkits as a free tool. Due to that, the request for Intel® Parallel Studio XE free license registration/renewal is outside of our scope of assistance.

However, since you were a part of our previous Student, Academic or Open Source Developer Tools program, there is an option to extend your existing license of Intel® Parallel Studio XE. You may try emailing your serial number and contact information to software_tools_request@intel.com to request a license. However, please know, the chances of getting a license are low and it is not guaranteed.

The only other way left, to avail Intel® Parallel Studio XE suite is by purchasing a commercial or academic license for Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit & HPC Toolkit. You may contact our resellers for more information regarding the purchase.

Resellers' Link: https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/tools/resellers.html

Have a safe and pleasant day ahead.

Regards,

Soumya

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi cqi4,

Thanks for posting your concern on the forum. Close to what you mentioned, please note, Intel® has transitioned from providing Intel® Parallel Studio XE as a free tool (student) to providing Intel® oneAPI Toolkits as a free tool. Due to that, the request for Intel® Parallel Studio XE free license registration/renewal is outside of our scope of assistance.

However, since you were a part of our previous Student, Academic or Open Source Developer Tools program, there is an option to extend your existing license of Intel® Parallel Studio XE. You may try emailing your serial number and contact information to software_tools_request@intel.com to request a license. However, please know, the chances of getting a license are low and it is not guaranteed.

The only other way left, to avail Intel® Parallel Studio XE suite is by purchasing a commercial or academic license for Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit & HPC Toolkit. You may contact our resellers for more information regarding the purchase.

Resellers' Link: https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/tools/resellers.html

Have a safe and pleasant day ahead.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi cqi4,

Please let us know if there are any other concerns.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
cxqi
Novice

Thank you, Soumya. I sent an email to that address. I will let you know if I get any updates.

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi cqi4/cxqi,

Thanks for getting back to us on the thread. Looking forward to your further update. However, as mentioned before, please note, the chances of getting a license via the email address: 'software_tools_request@intel.com' are low and not guaranteed.

The only other way left, to avail Intel® Parallel Studio XE suite is by purchasing a commercial or academic license for Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit & HPC Toolkit. You may contact our resellers for more information regarding the purchase.

Resellers' Linkhttps://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/tools/resellers.html

Do let us know if there are any other queries regarding the same. Have a nice day ahead.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi cqi4/cxqi,

Please let us know if there are any further queries or concerns.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
cxqi
Novice

Hi Soumya,

Thanks for your kind help. I have heard from Intel, and they provided me with an updated license. It worked well.

Very much appreciate that,

Chaoxian

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi Chaoxian,

Thanks for getting back to us with the update on the post. Glad to know that the team has provided you with an updated license. Proceeding further we are closing this thread. However, if you need any additional information, please feel free to post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel®. 

Have a wonderful day ahead!

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos