oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.
1258 Discussions

Intel(R) Parallel Studio XE 2020 Update 4 - MacOs: Unsupported OS

tkibedi
Beginner

I am using Intel Fortran on MacOS for a number of years, however after the recent upgrade to Big Sur 11.4, the compiler has stopped working. As my current license  expired, I just purchased the new Intel® oneAPI Base & HPC Toolkit. It installed without a problem and the same happened with the Intel® Parallel Studio XE Composer Edition for C++ macOS* . However the Intel(R) Parallel Studio XE 2020 Update 4 has failed with "Unsupported OS". It seems this version only supports MacOS 10.14 or 10.15.

Is there a more recent update or is there a way to get around this problem?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ArpanB_Intel

Hi Tibor, during the release the software is tested on a list of platforms which make up the Supported OS platforms. We checked the release notes here> https://software.intel.com/content/dam/develop/external/us/en/documents/ipsxe-2020-update-4-release-notes-en.pdf.

During the development of that version compiler, Big Sur 11.14 was not selected as a target version among the list of targeted OS platforms. Thus, the compiler will not work. The work around would be to use an OS platform which is supported by the compiler.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ArpanB_Intel

Hi Tibor, during the release the software is tested on a list of platforms which make up the Supported OS platforms. We checked the release notes here> https://software.intel.com/content/dam/develop/external/us/en/documents/ipsxe-2020-update-4-release-notes-en.pdf.

During the development of that version compiler, Big Sur 11.14 was not selected as a target version among the list of targeted OS platforms. Thus, the compiler will not work. The work around would be to use an OS platform which is supported by the compiler.

0 Kudos
tkibedi
Beginner

Hi ArpanB,

Thanks for clarifying the situation. I checked how to downgrade the MacOS to 10.15. It is possible, but involves erasing the HD, installing the old OS and finally re-install my files. I am wondering if Intel will release a new update to support 11.14? If yes, what is the time-frame?

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Tibor, unfortunately we will not be able to share the roadmap of our products or information related to it prior to it's release. However, we are always looking to add new and upgraded OS platforms for our upcoming product releases.

0 Kudos