oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.
1281 Discussions

Intel Visual Fortran Compiler 19.1.3.311 (Visual Studio Parallel Composer Edition)

royanyer
Beginner

I do have 2 floating license, Server license is already installed at one computer and I am trying to install it as a client in a second computer, I tried to use the serial number, and client and server license file and the same message pops out, that the server cannot connect via the server license, either way I continued the installation, and tried to build a "hello word" fortran code, and got the following error:

Build started...
1>------ Build started: Project: Console2, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>Compiling with Intel(R) Visual Fortran Compiler 19.1.3.311 [IA-32]...
1>Console2.f90
1>Error: A license for Comp-FW is not available now (-96,7,11001).
1>A connection to the license server could not be made. You should
1>make sure that your license daemon process is running: both an
1>lmgrd.exe process and an INTEL.exe process should be running
1>if your license limits you to a specified number of licenses in use
1>at a time. Also, check to see if the wrong port@host or the wrong
1>license file is being used, or if the port or hostname in the license
1>file has changed.
1>License file(s) used were (in this order):
1> 1. C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intel\Licenses\COM_W__CPPFOR_XXXX-XXXXXXXX.lic
1> 2. C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intel\Licenses
1> 3. C:\PROGRA~2\INTELS~1\COMPIL~1\windows\bin\Intel64\*.lic
1>Please refer http://software.intel.com/sites/support/ for more information..
1>ifort: error #10052: could not checkout FLEXlm license
1>
1>Build log written to "file://C:\Users\royan\source\repos\Console2\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
1>Console2 - 2 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

I would appreciate any contribution to solve this problem,

Thanks,

Roy

0 Kudos
4 Replies
andrew_4619
Honored Contributor II

why not "upgrade" to the 2021 product in OneAPI+HPC, no licence is required anymore, it is free. The only charges are to buy the tech support if you want/need it.

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Installing with serial number may not give the information to specify the license server. Check that .lic file named first in the build output and look for a SERVER line (probably first line) - it should name your license server. Alternatively, define a system environment variable INTEL_LICENSE_SERVER to point to your server.

Additional diagnostic information can be seen by doing a command line compile preceded by:

set INTEL_LMD_DEBUG 1

More help can be found at Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation - Intel Community

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi royanyer,

I have sent you two private messages requesting information on the issue. The details would provide us a better understanding of the concern. Since it would have license details, please get back to me regarding it via private message. However, feel free to let me know here if the two private messages didn't reach you.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi royanyer,

We are closing the thread since we have not heard from you in the last 20 days. However, feel free to create a new thread if there are any queries or concerns. Have a nice day ahead.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos