oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.
1422 Discussions

Intel oneAPI 2023 installation broke MVS2019+ParallelStudio2019 and VSCode

hkvzjal
New Contributor I

Hi,

I tried installing oneAPI2023. I have MVS2019 and MVS2022 in my PC, I use MVS2019 with Intel Parallel Studio XE 2019 as current production settings. Installing oneAPI was for experimental testing, I had previously installed oneAPI2021 just with MVS2022 and everything was working fine...

During the installation of oneAPI2023 I let the compatibility with MVS2019 checkbox. After doing that I was no longer able to use Intel Parallel Studio XE 2019, I tried repairing and uninstalling oneAPI, and then tried to modify/repair/uninstall XE2019, all options just end prematurely with the following error:

hkvzjal_0-1676900406944.png

I tried restoring my system to two days previous to the installation, but to no avail.

I tried following this thread https://community.intel.com/t5/oneAPI-Registration-Download/Update-and-uninstall-of-OneAPI-Toolkits-fails/td-p/1367069, nothing.

The most strange thing is that it seems that issue also affected my use of VS Code, from the moment this started I can not longer use the WSL option "Reopen Folder in WSL", and even just using F5 to debug a python project from VS Code has issues because it can no recognize the settings.json

Any help would be very appreciated,

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ArpanB_Intel

Hi José, please share the below information with us:

- OS build on which you are installing the software

- Is the installer an online or an offline package?

- Version of Microsoft Visual Studio installed along with it's build version

- Other versions of Intel® Parallel Studio XE or Intel® oneAPI already installed on the system

- Screenshots of the error screen

- Installation Log files.

The default path for a log file for a oneAPI installation is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI\logs

The default path for a log file for a Parallel Studio XE installation is: %temp%\pset_tmp_PSXE<version>_<username>

We would like to know.

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

José, unfortunately we were unable to hear back from you.

If you have any further queries, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel®.

0 Kudos