oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.
1290 Discussions

Intel oneAPI Base Toolkit, v.2022.2 hangs with command window

User01
New Contributor II

When attempting to install Intel Distribution for Python on Microsoft Windows 11 using the Intel oneAPI Base Toolkit, v.2022.2, the installer hangs. This occurs with the second Windows Command Prompt window displayed during the installation sequence. No content is visible on the Windows Command Prompt window.

Canceling the installation does seem to work.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
User01
New Contributor II
I used the online installer.

I tried first with the latest Visual Studio Enterprise installed. I then removed Visual Studio Enterprise and tired again without it.

No older versions of the toolkit were already installed.

On a third attempt I gave the installer 10 more minutes and it did eventually complete the installation. This was on a new system with a 12th gen. Intel Core i7 and SSD. It was the slowest operation the system has ever performed.

It seems like the issue is that more progress reporting is needed during the Intel Python installation phase.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ArpanB_Intel

Hi Donald, could you confirm the below information with us>

• Are you using an online installer?
  • Do you have any version of Visual Studio installed on your system? If so, please state the VS version
  • Do you have any older version of the toolkit installed?

We would like to know.

0 Kudos
User01
New Contributor II
I used the online installer.

I tried first with the latest Visual Studio Enterprise installed. I then removed Visual Studio Enterprise and tired again without it.

No older versions of the toolkit were already installed.

On a third attempt I gave the installer 10 more minutes and it did eventually complete the installation. This was on a new system with a 12th gen. Intel Core i7 and SSD. It was the slowest operation the system has ever performed.

It seems like the issue is that more progress reporting is needed during the Intel Python installation phase.
0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Donald, thank you for the information. However, we are glad that the issue was resolved.

Please let us know if you have any further queries on the same.

0 Kudos
User01
New Contributor II

I wouldn't call the issue "resolved." The UI for the installer clearly needs to be modified by Intel.

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Donald, we have passed on the information through the respective channels regarding the installation. We thank you for sharing your feedback and we hope you do not encounter with such issues with our upcoming products. However, since the installation was successful in the end, we are closing this thread.

If you have any further queries, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel®.

0 Kudos