oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.

Intel oneAPI Installer has failed

JohnSH
Beginner

I downloaded oneapi Base Toolki 2022.2 for installation, the version of visual studio is 2022.1.7, but after the computer restarted automatically during the installation process, I found that oneapi was not installed successfully. I can see the icon of Intel advisor 2022.1, but it is not in the application List.

After that, I completely uninstalled my visual studio and visual studio installer software, and then opened oneAPI installer to try to repair, but encountered the error of Installer has failed, and could not open the log file.

My system version is win11 21H2, and the cpu is 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H.

20220510203718.png

20220510203739.png

0 Kudos
10 Replies
ArpanB_Intel

Hi John, please confirm the below information with us>

• Do you have any other version Visual Studio installed apart from VS22? If so, which version
  • Did you choose the Desktop Development with C++ component during the installation of the IDE?
  • Do you have any older version of Intel® Parallel Studio XE or Intel® oneAPI Toolkit installed on your system?

We would like to know.

0 Kudos
JohnSH
Beginner

Hi ArpanB!

Thank you for your reply. 

1. I have no other version Visual Studio installed, but I installed Visual Studio Code 2022. Do i need to uninstall it? 

2. Yes,I chose the Desktop Development with C++ component during the installation of Visual Studio22.

3. I don't install older version of Intel® Parallel Studio XE. But I previously installed Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit(32bit). I have cleared it through 'Installed Products'.

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

John, please follow the below steps>

• Close Intel® installers if any.
  • Uninstall all Microsoft Visual Studio instances and Visual Studio Installer.
  • Important: check that C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\VisualStudio\Setup\x86\Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Configuration.Native.dll does not exist anymore. If it was not removed with Microsoft Visual Studio for some reason, please unregister the DLL usingREGSVR32 /U C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\VisualStudio\Setup\x86\Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Configuration.Native.dllcommand in Command Prompt as Administrator, and then rename the file to Backup_Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Configuration.Native.dll so the Intel® Installer can't load it.
  • Uninstall older Intel® Parallel Studio XE and Intel® oneAPI products.
  • Install required versions of Microsoft Visual Studio supported by the Intel® Parallel Studio XE. See the full list here> https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/articles/reference-implementation/intel-compilers-compatibility-with-microsoft-visual-studio-and-xcode.html

For the Intel® Parallel Studio XE 2020 Update 4, the supported versions are Visual Studio 2017 15.9 and Visual Studio 2019 16.7.2.

0 Kudos
JohnSH
Beginner

I have implemented the steps you suggested, but still can't run the Installer program normally. The following error occurs. How can I solve it?

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

John, could you share the new log files with us? We would need them to further investigate the issue. You should find them in the path:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI\logs

0 Kudos
JohnSH
Beginner
When I open the Installer program of oneAPI, the error "Installer has failed" will appear. And I can't find the log file, the specific phenomenon is like the picture shown before.
How can I install oneAPI toolkits?
0 Kudos
JohnSH
Beginner
When I click on 'View log file', the popup says 'Cannot open the link'. Then in the ' C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI\logs' directory, I didn't find any files.
0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

John, we have contacted you privately with some information. Please check your inbox for further updates.

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

John, we have again contacted you privately with some information. Please check your inbox for further updates.

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

John, unfortunately we were unable to hear back from you.

If you have any further queries, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel®.

0 Kudos