oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.
1264 Discussions

KNOWN ISSUE with Intel oneAPI Toolkits versions 2022.1 and 2022.1.2 and standalone components

ChrisB_Intel

UPDATE:

If you run into issues with the update to 2022.3 please follow these steps:

Deinstall all Visual Studio instances.
Deinstall oneAPI BaseKit 2022.1.2.
Reinstall Visual Studio 2022 version 17.1.x.
Install BaseKit 2022.1.3.

If your experiencing problems with the legacy product PSXE, please consider upgrading to oneapi, or stick with the VC version supported in PSXE release.

KNOWN ISSUE

On Microsoft* Windows*, the installation of Intel oneAPI Toolkits versions 2022.1 and 2022.1.2 and standalone components will fail using Microsoft* Visual Studio* 2022 version 17.1.x.

There are 2 possible workarounds, prior to installing an Intel oneAPI toolkit or component:

We are striving to provide a new release in the weeks ahead to address this installation issue.

6 Replies
rivkin__steve
New Contributor II

As I mentioned in an earlier post, neither workaround is available for VS2022 COMMUNITY Edition, only the Pro and Enterprise Editions.

ekim1
Beginner

I was able to install the standalone component for Intel VTune Profiler 2022.1 by replacing the DLL as stated here:

I did not have to uninstall Visual Studio Community 2022 v17.10.  The DLL was posted by an individual in this forum. Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
bathsheba
Novice

Yes, thanks for your attention here, but we need a Community tier workaround.

0 Kudos
AndreasB
Beginner

Will there also be a fix for the Parallel Studio XE?

Same problem...

0 Kudos
ChrisB_Intel

@AndreasB  - If your experiencing problems with the legacy product PSXE, please consider upgrading to oneapi, or stick with the VC version supported in PSXE release.

0 Kudos
ChrisB_Intel

New version was just posted live. You can find here:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/tools/oneapi/base-toolkit-download.html

Please let me know if this resolves your issue.

Thanks

Chris