oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.
1284 Discussions

License Key from 2015 XeonPhi Developer Promotion Package still valid?

UK21
Beginner

Hello,

(didn't find a community location for this thread, that fits exactly)

are 2015 bought XeonPhi promotion package's license keys for Intel Parallel Studio Prof. (https://web.archive.org/web/20150516015703/https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/special-promotion-intel-xeon-phi-coprocessor-31s1p) still valid to use in the future, so that I can count on them?

I cannot check this myself, as afaik entering the keys within the registration process just for testing is not possible, as they then get instantly registered.

Best regards

UK21

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ArpanB_Intel

User has been provided Intel® oneAPI Base & HPC Toolkit (Multi-Node) – Workgroup (ESD) license internally in exchange after retirement of the older promotional licenses. The Workgroup edition allows up to 10 developers, using the same serial number, to register and receive support from Intel®, and to use the product.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
ArpanB_Intel

Hi Uwe, we have contacted you privately for some information. Please check your inbox and respond us there as the information is non-public in nature.

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Uwe, the license was expired on 6/23/2015. As it is not a perpetual license, the license is currently expired and thus you cannot use it now during installation.

0 Kudos
UK21
Beginner

Hello Arpan,

that the sent license key is already expired on 23.6.2015, this is something I already know (I sent this information to you in the private message).

My question is the one above from the thread start, if the usage of my two remaining keys from the promotion packages will also be possible in the future, e.g. 2022 or 2023, as I paid for them.

Best regards

UK21

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Uwe, we have again contacted you privately regarding your issue. Please share the information privately as it is non-public in nature.

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Uwe, could you share the two remaining license keys with us that you had paid for? We will check our databases and share our findings with you.

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Uwe, since the licenses were a part of the promotional package, it was provided for a time period of 6 months. Post the 6 months period, the floating licenses were retired. Thus, you cannot use them now to install a compiler package.

In case you are looking to purchase a new license, please contact your nearest distributors/resellers by clicking here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/tools/resellers.html

0 Kudos
UK21
Beginner

Hello Arpan,

sorry, but this is not correct, as I did not buy three keys that are valid 6 month from the point of time I bought them, but I bought three keys, each of them providing a 6-month, 5-seat  floating license of Intel Parallel Studio Prof., as promoted and stated in Intel's own page (s. archive-link in the thread start and the email I sent you with the keys).

Not the promotional package is time limited - each license has, from the point of activation, a 6-month limitation.

Best regards

UK21

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Uwe, we apologize for the inconvenience caused.

We were confirmed by our internal team that the promotional license had a 6 month time period from the license creation date and not the license activation date. Since the license creation date was in late 2014, the license was expired by 2015. Therefore, you cannot use them now.

If you want to get access to the latest compilers, you can do that by clicking here> https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/articles/news/free-intel-software-developer-tools.html

All Intel® oneAPI Toolkits products are available at no cost. The Intel® oneAPI Toolkits do not require license files and the terms of use are based on the End User License Agreement.

0 Kudos
UK21
Beginner

Hello Arpan,

can you ask the support for any documents where this was stated at the point of time I bought the packages?

Nowhere in the provided article from Intel on the webarchive I can find anything about the license starting with its creation, nor was this stated in any email I got at that time.

It is a quite unusual thing, as normally licenses always start with activation/registration (wherever you look in the IT industry), or at a pre-defined and pre-stated point of time, which both parties know before they make any contract (which is in this case buying the package) and which is in the future.

I would never have bought three cards, as I wanted to have 3x6 months of support when making familiar with the now stopped Xeon Phi architecture and parallel programming. Three 6 month licenses for 5 seats, all starting at the point of time when they were created, which was before I got them via email and was able to use them, well, this makes no sense and is really unusual.

"No they were promotional and have expired. Apologize to the customer, but they are expired." any Christopher from Intel stated in the support answer. This short answer should be backed by any documents from the past, where this was stated clearly, so that I would have been able to know this in advance, before buying the three cards and expecting to get three licenses, each with a validity of 6-month, as it is the normal procedure in IT.

Best regards

UK21

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

User has been provided Intel® oneAPI Base & HPC Toolkit (Multi-Node) – Workgroup (ESD) license internally in exchange after retirement of the older promotional licenses. The Workgroup edition allows up to 10 developers, using the same serial number, to register and receive support from Intel®, and to use the product.

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Uwe, thank you for accepting our solution. We are glad that we were able to address the issue.

If you have any further queries, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel®.

0 Kudos