oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.
1258 Discussions

License renewal for Educator Intel® Parallel Studio XE

DJN
Beginner

Hello Intel Community,

Our software access license for "Educator Intel® Parallel Studio XE Cluster Edition for Windows" expired on January 6, 2021. Would it be possible to extend it for another year? We have the same scope of teaching as of the last year.

When I try to extent this license through
Intel® Software Development Products Registration Center", I have an error: "This serial number is not commercial and can not be renewed".

Who might be able to help me?

Thank you,

Dmitry

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DJN
Beginner

Are you a developer who was part of our previous Student, Academic or Open Source Developer Tools program and wish to extend your existing license? If so, please email your serial number and contact information to software_tools_request@intel.com to request a license.

0 Kudos
Nikky_P_Intel
Employee

Hello,

Intel® Parallel Studio is discontinued and transitioned to Intel® oneAPI. The Intel oneAPI Toolkits do not require license files to install the product. Please click on below link to apply for free license.

https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/articles/qualify-for-free-software.html#educator

Regards,

Nikky

0 Kudos
DJN
Beginner

Hi Nikky,

This is great to know that Intel oneAPI is free for educators. It will be of a tremendous help to many! I will recommend it to many people now.

At the same time, it is a bit disappointing that licensing for the already installed software becomes a quest (I had to spend 4-5 hours hunting for the right contact email in the Intel customer support). Uninstalling Parallel Studio XE 2020, installing the oneAPI and then a visual IDE (e.g. Visual Studio) takes a lot of time and there is an uncertainty of success on a well-used machine. The time which is precious for many of us. Thus, if an older software works well for customers, it would have been nice to facilitate its licensing without any hoops to jump through.

Thank you,

Dmitry

0 Kudos