oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.

MKL 2022 fails to install on windows 10

praveen123
Beginner

The installer quits after the splash screen without any error message. I tried both online and offline installers. I got my installers from here.

device

Device name DESKTOP-2CKKEUK
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8265U CPU @ 1.60GHz 1.80 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB (15.8 GB usable)

OS

Edition Windows 10 Education
Version 20H2
Installed on ‎27-‎Aug-‎20
OS build 19042.1466
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0

MSVC

Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2022
VisualStudio.17.Release/17.1.0+32210.238
Installed Version: Community

Visual C++ 2022 00482-90000-00000-AA523
Microsoft Visual C++ 2022

Log of the installer in the attachment.Any help would be appreciated. 

Related 2018 question

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi praveen123,

Thanks for the update. Glad to know that it fixed the problem. However, we were checking on this issue with our higher team and we would like to let you know about their recent update on it.

Their investigation has shown that on Microsoft* Windows*, the installation of Intel oneAPI Toolkits versions 2022.1 and 2022.1.2 and standalone components will fail using Microsoft* Visual Studio* 2022 version 17.1.x.

There are 2 possible workarounds, prior to installing an Intel oneAPI toolkit or component:

·      Uninstall Visual Studio 2022 version 17.1.x and install the older version 17.0.6 from here Visual Studio 2022 Release History | Microsoft Docs.

·      Replace Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Configuration.Native.dll with same dll from a Visual Studi0 2022 17.0.x release. For example, from version 17.0.6 https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/visualstudio/releases/2022/release-history

However, we are striving to provide a new release in the weeks ahead to address this installation issue. 

Proceeding further we are closing this thread. However, if you have any further queries, please feel free to post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel®. 

Have a wonderful day ahead!

Regards,

Soumya

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi praveen123,

Thanks for posting your concern on the forum. We apologize for the inconvenience caused. Our internal team has encountered similar issues and is working on fixing them. We would recommend you go through the information provided by our internal team on the below link.

Link: https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-oneAPI-Registration/BaseKit-oneAPI-installer-crashes-Windows-10/m-p/1361590#M2410

Please let us know if the issue persists even after following the hot fix. Looking forward to your update.

Regards,

Soumya

praveen123
Beginner

Hi Soumya,

Thank you for the link. After renaming the visual studio dll mentioned in the other post, I can install the MKL library but the Visual studio integration fails. It fixed my problem as I'm using external build system. I hope this get fixed in the future versions.

best

Praveen

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi praveen123,

Thanks for the update. Glad to know that it fixed the problem. However, we were checking on this issue with our higher team and we would like to let you know about their recent update on it.

Their investigation has shown that on Microsoft* Windows*, the installation of Intel oneAPI Toolkits versions 2022.1 and 2022.1.2 and standalone components will fail using Microsoft* Visual Studio* 2022 version 17.1.x.

There are 2 possible workarounds, prior to installing an Intel oneAPI toolkit or component:

·      Uninstall Visual Studio 2022 version 17.1.x and install the older version 17.0.6 from here Visual Studio 2022 Release History | Microsoft Docs.

·      Replace Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Configuration.Native.dll with same dll from a Visual Studi0 2022 17.0.x release. For example, from version 17.0.6 https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/visualstudio/releases/2022/release-history

However, we are striving to provide a new release in the weeks ahead to address this installation issue. 

Proceeding further we are closing this thread. However, if you have any further queries, please feel free to post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel®. 

Have a wonderful day ahead!

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos