oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.

MPI installation blocked

shaiashe
Beginner

Hi,

I'm trying to install the latest version (or any previous one for that matter) of the Intel standalone  MPI on a Dell Latitude (11th Gen Intel Core i7, Windows 10 Pro). It seems that the installation is blocked, as it just doesn't start. Even when its installation is being attempted by some other 3rd party software (as a prerequisite) - it fails.

I've tried dropping the firewall and antivirus to no avail. 

has anyone ever encountered this problem before? 

any suggestions will be appreciated,

Shai

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ArpanB_Intel

Hi Shai, could you specify the version of standalone MPI installer you are using? Also, is this an online installer or an offline installer? We would like to know.

0 Kudos
shaiashe
Beginner

Hi Arpan,

The offline file name is : " w_mpi_oneapi_p_2021.6.0.546_offline " 

Also, as I mentioned, the 3rd party software (DHI MIKE) includes an installation of Intel MPI (v2019) - which also gets blocked. 

So it's probably not a version issue.

any thoughts?

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Shai, we have contacted you privately regarding some information. Please check your inbox for further updates.

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Shai, unfortunately we were unable to hear back from you.

If you have any further queries, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel®.

0 Kudos