oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.
1290 Discussions

Must HPC toolkit be installed with base to have access to Fortran and Math?

StephB
Novice

I am a novice and have used Fortran intermittently on community projects. This license has now apparently expired and as I understand I must down the API Toolkit. I do not work on a cluster but it seems the Fortran compiler is only available in the HPC Toolkit? So must I install base toolkit first?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ArpanB_Intel

Hi Steph, we recommend you to install both the Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit and Intel® oneAPI HPC Toolkit. There are tools and libraries that are part of the Intel® oneAPI HPC Toolkit that have interdependencies with the Base Toolkit. Thus, we suggest you to install the Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit first followed by the Intel® oneAPI HPC Toolkit.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
ArpanB_Intel

Hi Steph, we recommend you to install both the Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit and Intel® oneAPI HPC Toolkit. There are tools and libraries that are part of the Intel® oneAPI HPC Toolkit that have interdependencies with the Base Toolkit. Thus, we suggest you to install the Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit first followed by the Intel® oneAPI HPC Toolkit.