oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.
1382 Discussions

Need to move a license for Parallel Studio XE 2017

JFoe
Beginner

We have three licenses for Intel Parallel Studio XE 2017 Update 1 Composer Edition for Fortran Windows. These are named licenses.

I need to move one of the licenses from an older computer which failed to a newer computer. However, the Intel Software Manager no longer can connect to its server. I read here that these servers are down permanently.

How do I move this named license now?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
RahulC_Intel

Hi Jens, kindly note that now there is no need to use the Intel® Software Manager to install any Intel® Products. We recommend you to directly install the Intel® Parallel Studio XE 2017 Update 1 Composer Edition for Fortran Windows in your newer system and make sure compatible system requirements is matching to your newer system.

You may refer to link: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/articles/release-notes/intel-parallel-studio-xe-release-notes-and-new-features.html#inpage-nav-3, and check the Intel® Parallel Studio XE 2017 Update 1 release notes then confirm the compatible hardware & software requirements for your Intel® Product.

0 Kudos
JFoe
Beginner

I think there is a misunderstanding here:
Installing the compiler and integrating it with VisualStudio in the new computer is not  the problem.

The problem is that I can not compile any Fortran files, as the compiler is complaining about a missing license, something about FlexLM not finding a suitable license file.

As far as I know the Software Manager is needed to attach/import/get/... a license for that new computer, right? The "Add Serial Number" button on the "Licenses"-tab does not work.

0 Kudos
RahulC_Intel

Hi Jens, we have sent you a private message and asked for some confidential information related to your query. Kindly share the details via a private message.

0 Kudos
RahulC_Intel

Hi Jens, please note that the Intel® Software Manager servers recently went down permanently. 

You may use your Intel® Registration Center account for the same purpose as the Intel® Software Manager. The information & features that were found on the Intel® Software Manager were available via the Intel® Registration Center's server. 

Intel® Registration Center Link: https://lemcenter.intel.com

0 Kudos
JFoe
Beginner

Thanks for the information, it turns out that if you do not have a currently active support subscription it is no longer possible to move a named license from one computer to another. Disappointing, but that apparently is the current situation.

So the license in question is no longer usable, I have to look for alternatives such a a different compiler.

0 Kudos
RahulC_Intel

Hi Jens, we understand your concern. We would recommend you to use latest Intel® oneAPI Base & HPC Toolkit, which is free available for every users.

Please note that Intel® has decided that Intel® oneAPI Toolkits Versions: 2023.1.0 and earlier are not supported anymore. We urge users to upgrade to the latest version of Intel® developer tools. The unsupported versions do not include the latest functional and security updates. These versions are targeted to be removed after a period.

For more information refer to the link: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/articles/release-notes/oneapi-supported-product-versions.htm, and scroll down to the Unsupported Product Versions. 

0 Kudos
RahulC_Intel

Hi Jens, unfortunately we were unable to hear back from you. 

If you have any further query, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel®. 

0 Kudos