I previously posted an issue where the installers for either the OneAPI Base Toolkit or the OneAPI HPC Toolkit would create a blank white window and never do anything. Your suggestions for resolving that issue never worked. I've since figured out that I can get the installers to open a proper window if I boot my system in Safe mode with networking, presumably because my graphics card drivers get bypassed. At any rate, while the installer now opens a proper window, my installation is now failing with an error related to "intel.oneapi.win.oneapi-common.vars'. I have attached the log file from the installer. Any help would be appreciated.
Hi Charles. please follow the below steps:
- Close Intel® installers if any.
- Uninstall all Microsoft Visual Studio instances and Visual Studio Installer.
- Important: check that C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\VisualStudio\Setup\x86\Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Configuration.Native.dll does not exist anymore. If it was not removed with Microsoft Visual Studio for some reason, please unregister the DLL using
- REGSVR32 /U C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\VisualStudio\Setup\x86\Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Configuration.Native.dll
- command in Command Prompt as Administrator, and then rename the file to Backup_Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Configuration.Native.dll so the Intel® Installer can't load it.
- Uninstall older Intel® Parallel Studio XE and Intel® oneAPI products.
- Install required versions of Microsoft Visual Studio supported by the Intel® Parallel Studio XE. See the full list here. For the Intel® Parallel Studio XE 2020 Update 4, the supported versions are Visual Studio 2017 15.9 and Visual Studio 2019 16.7.2.
I followed your instructions. Uninstalled VS2019. The C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\VisualStudio\Setup\x86\Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Configuration.Native.dll file was removed by the uninstall of Visual studio so I did not need to do steps 3 or 4 in your instructions. Since I've never successfully installed any Intel OneAPI products on this computer, I did not do step 6. I then installed Visual Studio...
ERROR : Installation of component has failed.
Component id: intel.oneapi.win.oneapi-common.vars, name: oneAPI Common, version: 2022.1.0-157.
Error: Sequence execution failed.
Again, the installation log is attached.
We have sent an email to your registered email address. Kindly respond to that with the details we have asked to assist you further with your query.
Charles, please check if the GPU system requirements of the toolkit were met. To check the system requirements, visit: Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit System Requirements. We would also suggest you to run checks using Diagnostics Utility for Intel® oneAPI Toolkits. To know how to do that, visit here: Diagnostics Utility for Intel® oneAPI Toolkits User Guide. This should give us an idea if you are missing a driver or an incompatible version of a driver is installed.
Charles, unfortunately we were unable to hear back from you.
If you have any further queries, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel®.