oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.
1261 Discussions

OneAPI installation alongside existing (without overwriting)

Basden__Alastair
Beginner

Hi,

Does anyone know a way to install a new oneAPI version alongside an existing one, i.e. without overwriting it?

I've using the l_Base*.sh installer, and it is detecting my existing installation, and wanting to update that, rather than install a new version in a new location - and the GUI isn't letting me change the install location.

I can't figure out how it is picking up the existing install - which is in a non-standard location on a network file system.

Thanks...

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi Basden__Alastair,

Thanks for posting your concern on the forum. We are currently checking on it with our internal team. Please wait for 2-3 business days. We will get back to you as soon as possible.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi Basden__Alastair,

Please provide the below details.

• The version of the Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit that has been successfully installed 
  • The version of the Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit that you are currently trying to install. 
  • A screenshot of the GUI installation location issue.
  • A copy of the mentioned output while using the l_Base*.sh file to install the product.

The information would allow us to proceed further.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi Basden__Alastair,

I have not heard back from you regarding the requested details. Please know, this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel®. 

Based on your query, you may refer to the below link.

Link: https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/documentation/oneapi-dpcpp-cpp-compiler-dev-guide-and-reference/top/compiler-setup/using-eclipse/multi-version-compiler-support.html

However, if you need any further assistance, please post a new question. Have a nice day ahead.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos