oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions for Intel oneAPI Toolkits, Intel Parallel Studio XE and Intel System Studio
Announcements
The Intel sign-in experience is changing in February to support enhanced security controls. If you sign in, click here for more information.
738 Discussions

OneAPI installation alongside existing (without overwriting)

Basden__Alastair
Beginner

Hi,

Does anyone know a way to install a new oneAPI version alongside an existing one, i.e. without overwriting it?

I've using the l_Base*.sh installer, and it is detecting my existing installation, and wanting to update that, rather than install a new version in a new location - and the GUI isn't letting me change the install location.

I can't figure out how it is picking up the existing install - which is in a non-standard location on a network file system.

Thanks...

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi Basden__Alastair,

Thanks for posting your concern on the forum. We are currently checking on it with our internal team. Please wait for 2-3 business days. We will get back to you as soon as possible.

Regards,

Soumya

Soumya_M_Intel

Hi Basden__Alastair,

Please provide the below details.

• The version of the Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit that has been successfully installed 
  • The version of the Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit that you are currently trying to install. 
  • A screenshot of the GUI installation location issue.
  • A copy of the mentioned output while using the l_Base*.sh file to install the product.

The information would allow us to proceed further.

Regards,

Soumya

Soumya_M_Intel

Hi Basden__Alastair,

I have not heard back from you regarding the requested details. Please know, this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel®. 

Based on your query, you may refer to the below link.

Link: https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/documentation/oneapi-dpcpp-cpp-compiler-dev-gui...

However, if you need any further assistance, please post a new question. Have a nice day ahead.

Regards,

Soumya