oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.
1290 Discussions

OneAPI installation --- unsupported file system check: ''gpfs'

SchulzHolger
Beginner

Hi,

I am trying to install l_HPCKit_p_2021.3.0.3230_offline.sh
on am Intel x86 machine that uses gpfs for home  and scratch space.

The installer seemingly fails due to:

log/installer.2021.09.03.05.16.30.371309.log:09/03/2021 05:16:30:985 : 40491 : ERROR : <PreRequisiteProcessor> exception occured during unsupported file system check: ''gpfs' is unknown file system type. Conversion to file system type is failed.'

Is there a way to disable the FS check? I could not find anything like that in the documentation.

I tried forcing installation on /tmp which is ext4 but to no avail, the installer must probe HOME it seems.

For reference, this is what I do:

cd /tmp
wget https://registrationcenter-download.intel.com/akdlm/irc_nas/17912/l_HPCKit_p_2021.3.0.3230_offline.sh

chmod +x l_HPCKit_p_2021.3.0.3230_offline.sh
./l_HPCKit_p_2021.3.0.3230_offline.sh -a -s --eula accept --install-dir=/tmp/intel/oneapi --log-dir=$PWD/log2 --download-dir=/tmp/download --download-cache=/tmp/down-cache --package-path=/tmp --action=install --intel-sw-improvement-program-consent=decline

Thanks a lot,
Holger

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi SchulzHolger,

Thanks for posting your concern on the forum. We appreciate your patience while we were looking into the issue. Please let us know the specific operating system name and version of the mentioned system. The information will allow us to assist you better.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi SchulzHolger,

Please let us know the requested information. It will allow us to assist you better.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi SchulzHolger,

I have not heard back from you regarding the requested details. Please know, this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel®. However, if you need any further assistance, please post a new question. Have a nice day ahead.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos