oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.
1261 Discussions

OneAPI uninstaller corrupted installation....complete blocking issue

Bowman__Eric
Novice

I was trying to uninstall an older version of the OneAPI toolkit (I had two versions installed). The uninstaller has completely corrupted my OneAPI installation and I cannot run OneAPI, run visual studio without errors, uninstall any OneAPI tools, install any OneAPI tools or get any of my work done.  

How should I proceed? 

1 Solution
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi Bowman__Eric,

Thanks for posting your concern on the forum. Yes, you are correct. We apologize for the inconvenience caused due to the issue.

To fix the issue our higher team has recommended the below workaround steps. They are tested steps that have been found successful. You are halfway there already. Nonetheless, we are providing all the steps to avoid any further issues.

Note: Please make sure you only proceed with a step when the previous step has been completed.

However, please feel free to let us know if the issue persists or if there are any concerns in between the steps. Kindly update us if the concern has been resolved.

Have a wonderful day ahead!

Regards,

Soumya

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Bowman__Eric
Novice

After uninstalling everying to do with visual studio, the installer ran, maybe now it will let me uninstall and then reinstall visual studio.

This is terrible

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi Bowman__Eric,

Thanks for posting your concern on the forum. Yes, you are correct. We apologize for the inconvenience caused due to the issue.

To fix the issue our higher team has recommended the below workaround steps. They are tested steps that have been found successful. You are halfway there already. Nonetheless, we are providing all the steps to avoid any further issues.

Note: Please make sure you only proceed with a step when the previous step has been completed.

However, please feel free to let us know if the issue persists or if there are any concerns in between the steps. Kindly update us if the concern has been resolved.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
Bowman__Eric
Novice
Thank you for the quick reply. The workaround worked for me and I’m up and running again.
0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi Bowman__Eric,

Thanks for getting back to us with the update on the post. We appreciate your feedback. Really glad to know that the workaround worked for you. Proceeding further we are closing this thread.

However, if you need any additional information, please feel free to post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel®. 

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos