oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.
1284 Discussions

Online Installer Crashed my System Unit harmlessly, Offline Installer likewise Hangs ("failed")?

Alden_C
Beginner

Alden_C_0-1649232755159.jpeg

How do I remove this On/Offline Startup Window in order to reinstall and restart the Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit Offline Installer (not listed as an App in Windows11)???

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Alden_C
Beginner

H'lo Arpan,

ya' , it' still the good ol' VS Community, though like the AI Graphics series Toolkits (ie. Base, HPC, Rendering and AI) they' re all up to date. no worries though. It is nice to have System Restore but when I found App Variables all over the place there' s nothing like a Fresh Install. The folks who make Anaconda3 Only just recently appear to agree, as they seem to be working on an Uninstallation Program for it, as well as offering good suggestions for pre-reinstall. The new recommended Ubuntu 20.04.4 LTS (Developer Edition) from Microsoft Store works well in it's own rite as an Add-on too.

Outfitted the System Unit with Microsoft's Defender Preview and we' re good to go.

- Alden.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ArpanB_Intel

Hi Alden, do you have Microsoft Visual Studio installed in your system? If so, could you confirm the versions.

Also, we would like to know if you have older version of Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit or Intel® oneAPI HPC Toolkit installed on your system or not.

0 Kudos
Alden_C
Beginner

H'lo Arpan,

ya' , it' still the good ol' VS Community, though like the AI Graphics series Toolkits (ie. Base, HPC, Rendering and AI) they' re all up to date. no worries though. It is nice to have System Restore but when I found App Variables all over the place there' s nothing like a Fresh Install. The folks who make Anaconda3 Only just recently appear to agree, as they seem to be working on an Uninstallation Program for it, as well as offering good suggestions for pre-reinstall. The new recommended Ubuntu 20.04.4 LTS (Developer Edition) from Microsoft Store works well in it's own rite as an Add-on too.

Outfitted the System Unit with Microsoft's Defender Preview and we' re good to go.

- Alden.

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Alden, thank you for sharing the update. We are glad that the issue is resolved.

If you have any further queries, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel®.

0 Kudos