oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.
1293 Discussions

Parallel Studio XE Composer Edition license issue - expired?

Rich62
Beginner

I purchased a Parallel Studio XE Composer license in 2019.  "Support" expired in January 2020, but after that I still had no problem using the C++ compiler with this license.  Suddenly, a couple of days ago, Visual Studio started throwing "could not checkout FLEXlm license" errors whenever it tried to build a project that requires the Intel compiler.

I've restarted the license service, and I've restarted the license server machine itself.  Firewalls are all off.  I know the support has expired, but do these licenses also expire?  And if it's not that, then what?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Rich62
Beginner

Hi, sorry, I did not see this right away, and in the meantime we were able to resolve the problem.  The INTEL.exe daemon wasn't running, and that was the first clue.  What we found was that the lmgrd service was in a hung state.  It showed as running in Task Manager, but it was apparently starting, then hanging, even after a reboot of the entire system.

What got it working again was this:  We disabled the service, once again restarted the Windows server itself, re-enabled the service, then restarted Windows one more time.  Not sure why, but that allowed the service to run normally, and access to the license server was restored.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ArpanB_Intel

Hi Richard, we have contacted you privately regarding your issue. Please check your inbox and share us the information there as it is non-public in nature.

0 Kudos
Rich62
Beginner

Hi, sorry, I did not see this right away, and in the meantime we were able to resolve the problem.  The INTEL.exe daemon wasn't running, and that was the first clue.  What we found was that the lmgrd service was in a hung state.  It showed as running in Task Manager, but it was apparently starting, then hanging, even after a reboot of the entire system.

What got it working again was this:  We disabled the service, once again restarted the Windows server itself, re-enabled the service, then restarted Windows one more time.  Not sure why, but that allowed the service to run normally, and access to the license server was restored.

0 Kudos