oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.
1261 Discussions

Problems reinstalling Intel Fortran IMSL libraries after reformatting PC

Alicante_CC
Beginner

In 2017 I purchased one license of “Intel Parallel Studio XE Composer Edition for Fortran with Rogue Wave IMSL 7.0 Win EDU”.  Right before X-mas my PC needed to re formatted.

Now I have tried to reinstall  the Intel Fortran and the associated library (which were purchased as a single  product) but while the installation of Intel Parallel Studio was successfull when I tried to install the IMSL library I got the following error message:

“Activation rights do not allow this software to be installed. This could be due to expired subscription or incompatible serial number”.

This leaves me bewildered given that I bought the Composer and IMSL library as a single license (with no time limit on their use) with a single serial number so I cannot see how one installation can work and the other not. Notice that without the IMSL libraries the whole software is basically useless for me.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi Claudio,

We have just responded back with resolution via email. Please let us know if the installation issue persists even after going through it. Looking forward to your update on the thread. Have a nice day ahead.

Regards,

Soumya

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
17 Replies
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi Alicante_CC,

Thanks for posting your concern on the forum. We have emailed you requesting two details. Kindly get back to us with them by replying to the email (since they contain private information). It will allow us to check further on the issue.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi Alicante_CC,

Please let us know the requested information. It will allow us to check further.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
Alicante_CC
Beginner

Dear Soumya

Yesterday I tried to reply but I got a return e-mail with an error message. Since I received multiple e-mails from Intel service probably I replied to the wrong one. Could you please write the e-mail to which I should send the information you requested?

thanks

best

Claudio

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi Claudio,

Thanks for letting us know about the situation. We have re-emailed you right now. Please try getting back to us by replying to this recent email. However, do let us know on the thread if you face any errors while trying to do so.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi Claudio,

We have replied (in email) to the doubt you had shared in the email. Looking forward to your response with the requested details.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi Claudio,

Please let us know the requested details by replying to our last email.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi Claudio,

Thanks for getting back to us with the details via email. As of summer 2018, Rogue Wave IMSL is no longer available directly from Intel®. It can be obtained directly from Rogue Wave or a Rogue Wave reseller. You may get more details directly from Rogue Wave.

Rogue Wave Link: https://www.perforce.com/rogue-wave-software

You may visit the below IMSL FAQ link for more information.

FAQ Link: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/articles/troubleshooting/imsl-licensing-frequently-asked-questions.html

However, regarding your situation, I am checking on the concern with our internal team. Please wait for 2-3 business days. We will get back to you as soon as possible.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi Claudio,

We have just responded back with resolution via email. Please let us know if the installation issue persists even after going through it. Looking forward to your update on the thread. Have a nice day ahead.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi Claudio,

Please let us know if the issue persists.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi Claudio,

Thanks for letting us know about the current status. We shall be following up with you after two business days or any other timeframe that you may find better. Feel free to let us know about it on the thread.

Have a pleasant day ahead.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi Claudio,

Please get back to us if there is any update regarding this thread. Do let us know if the issue persists.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi Claudio,

We understand that you might be looking into the issue. However, this is to update you that we have not heard from you on our previous responses. Please reply within the next 24 business hours to keep this ticket active.

Regards,

Soumya 

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi Claudio,

Sure. As per your email, we shall be keeping the ticket open. We will be following up with you regarding it after two business days. Have a nice day ahead.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi Claudio, 

We understand that you are trying to find time to implement the workaround. However, we figured it might be worth checking in. Please let us know if the issue persists.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi Claudio,

We understand that you might be looking into the issue. However, this is to update you that we have not heard from you on our previous responses. Please reply within the next 24 business hours to keep this thread active.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi Claudio,

We understand the situation. However, please understand we cannot keep the thread open for this long. Nonetheless, we are keeping it open for another window of 24-48 business hours. Please let us know if you have any concerns within that.

If you have any concerns after thread closure, feel free to make a new post on the forum regarding it. Our internal team would get back to you there promptly.

We would also recommend you reply on the thread if not sharing any private information. Have a nice day ahead.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi Claudio,

Thanks for getting back to us with the update. We are glad to know that the issue has been resolved. Proceeding further we are closing this thread. However, as you mentioned, if you need any additional information, please feel free to post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel®. 

Have a wonderful day ahead!

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos