oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.
1261 Discussions

Re: KNOWN ISSUE with Intel oneAPI Toolkits versions 2022.1 and 2022.1.2 and standalone components

AONym
New Contributor II

Installing base toolkit gives error messageBase toolkit install error.png

Closing and relaunching installer gives the same message. What to do?

1 Solution
JesusG_Intel

Hello AONym,

We have reviewed your request and understand your frustration at this less-than-ideal situation.

The workaround we provided of uninstalling all components and reinstalling with the new, fixed oneAPI installer is indeed the safest, quickest, most efficient method of fixing everything.

Deleting files, folders, and changing registry settings is much more error prone, risky, and time consuming. You are more likely to render Visual Studio unusable than fixing it. You may end up in a situation where you messed something up then cannot uninstall and re-install Visual Studio at all.

To avoid you having to factory reset your PC, which is the worst case, we strongly recommend performing our workaround:

1. Deinstall all Visual Studio instances.
  2. Deinstall oneAPI BaseKit 2022.1.2.
  3. Reinstall Visual Studio 2022 version 17.1.x.
  4. Install BaseKit 2022.1.3

Let us know if your installation does not work after following the above steps.

If there were a better, easier, faster way to solve this issue we would have gladly provided it.

Sincerely,

Jesus G.

Intel Customer Support

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
29 Replies
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

all of the oneapi installers are now throwing this error or the intel setup assistant is not working - I suggest you take down this latest version 

JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

I tried the updater on a NUC and the update program crashed trying to load the oneapi base kit.  This is a stock standard Intel NUC.  

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi AONym,

Thanks for posting your concern on the forum. Please let us know the below details.

• The version & build number of Visual Studio, if any installed.
  • Is there a version of Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit already installed on the system? If yes, kindly let us know the version.
  • The operating system name and version.

The above information would allow us to understand the issue better. Looking forward to your update.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

I am using a Windows 11 - Preview 22572 on the Lenova machine and Windows 11 - 22000 on the NUC.  

The Lenova had VS 2022 - latest 17.1.1 and VS 2019 - 16.11.11

I started out with the latest version of the base and hpc toolkits prior to the March 3 release.  

it fails

I removed all of them and it still failed

It was complaining about the Intel Driver assistant and I downloaded the latest removal tool and cleaned that out 

I checked the registry and there were still a lot of oneapi entries.  

On the NUC _ will upload a picture of the loaded oneapi kits in the next post. 

I tried install - failed

I tried repair first and it failed

I tried the offline and the online - I get either failure at vtune at the start or integrity check errors in the log file.  

0 Kudos
AONym
New Contributor II

Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2022
Version 17.1.1
VisualStudio.17.Release/17.1.1+32228.430
Microsoft .NET Framework
Version 4.8.04084

Installed Version: Community

Visual C++ 2022 00482-90000-00000-AA528
Microsoft Visual C++ 2022

ASP.NET and Web Tools 2019 17.1.358.51495
ASP.NET and Web Tools 2019

Azure App Service Tools v3.0.0 17.1.358.51495
Azure App Service Tools v3.0.0

C# Tools 4.1.0-5.22109.6+0c82c4114a4e4b8b723b915eee3b13261db6717f
C# components used in the IDE. Depending on your project type and settings, a different version of the compiler may be used.

Intel Libraries for oneAPI Package ID: w_oneAPI_2022.0.0.161
Intel Libraries for oneAPI – toolkit version: 2022.1.0, extension version 22.0.0.17, Package ID: w_oneAPI_2022.0.0.161, Copyright © 2019-2021 Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.
* Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.

Intel® C++ Compiler
Intel® C++ Compiler – toolkit version: , extension version 22.0.17, Package ID: , Copyright © 2002-2021 Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.

Intel® C++ Compiler Classic Package ID: w_oneAPI_2022.0.0.161
Intel® C++ Compiler Classic – toolkit version: 2022.1.0, extension version 19.2.9.17, Package ID: w_oneAPI_2022.0.0.161, Copyright © 2002-2021 Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.

Intel® Fortran Compiler Package ID: w_oneAPI_2022.0.0.161
Intel® Fortran Compiler – toolkit version: 2022.1.0, extension version 22.0.0065.17, Package ID: w_oneAPI_2022.0.0.161, Copyright © 2002-2021 Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.

Intel® oneAPI DPC++ Compiler
Intel® oneAPI DPC++ Compiler – toolkit version: , extension version 22.0.0.17, , Copyright © 2019-2021 Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.

Intel® oneAPI Menu & Samples 10.10.392.9731
Intel® oneAPI Visual Studio Menu & Samples Extension

Microsoft JVM Debugger 1.0
Provides support for connecting the Visual Studio debugger to JDWP compatible Java Virtual Machines

Microsoft MI-Based Debugger 1.0
Provides support for connecting Visual Studio to MI compatible debuggers

Microsoft Visual C++ Wizards 1.0
Microsoft Visual C++ Wizards

Microsoft Visual Studio VC Package 1.0
Microsoft Visual Studio VC Package

NuGet Package Manager 6.1.0
NuGet Package Manager in Visual Studio. For more information about NuGet, visit https://docs.nuget.org/

Test Adapter for Boost.Test 1.0
Enables Visual Studio's testing tools with unit tests written for Boost.Test. The use terms and Third Party Notices are available in the extension installation directory.

Test Adapter for Google Test 1.0
Enables Visual Studio's testing tools with unit tests written for Google Test. The use terms and Third Party Notices are available in the extension installation directory.

Visual Basic Tools 4.1.0-5.22109.6+0c82c4114a4e4b8b723b915eee3b13261db6717f
Visual Basic components used in the IDE. Depending on your project type and settings, a different version of the compiler may be used.

Visual Studio Code Debug Adapter Host Package 1.0
Interop layer for hosting Visual Studio Code debug adapters in Visual Studio

Visual Studio IntelliCode 2.2
AI-assisted development for Visual Studio.

Visual Studio Tools for CMake 1.0
Visual Studio Tools for CMake

0 Kudos
faber__byron
Novice

I'm seeing the same error.   'latest version' of 2017, 2019 and 2022  (available via visual studio installer as of 3/10/2022

0 Kudos
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

Screenshot 2022-03-10 175012.png

It appears to play with the Intel Driver assistant and that appears as the error on some install attempts.  I strongly suggest you take it down until you sort out the mess -  you do not need to give people the 4 hours of pain I have just had trying everything.  

JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

I am trying a clean install on a Windows 10 NUC -- I will let you know. 

0 Kudos
faber__byron
Novice

I find these installer designs always go this way.  'A fancy installer is designed to be helpful, but its so complex that if something ever goes sideways, the authors, nor the developers on the other end can get it cleaned up.   'Its a personal pet peeve of installer development I see some people do.

0 Kudos
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

I downloaded the old psxe 2020 onto my lenova and it would not install - Intel Software setup error - and I tried old versions of the base kit that are stored on my backup machine,  no go.  

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi JohnNichols & faber__byron,

Kindly create a separate post if you have queries or concerns that would like to be addressed. It would allow us to collect the required information related to each concern & its environment to resolve the issue better. We assure you that our internal team would get back to you there in a timely manner.

Have a nice day ahead.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi AONym,

Thanks for providing us with a copy of the Visual Studio info. However, we had requested a few other details as well.

• Please confirm if the Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit 2022.1 had got successfully installed. If yes, was it full installation or specific component installation? If not, what version and update number had you installed. Was it a standalone installation or toolkit installation?

• The version of the Windows operating system on which you are trying to install the product

Looking forward to your update.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
AONym
New Contributor II

There were no errors on installing the oneAPI base toolkit. I've attached the install logs. The installations were full, using the standalone installer, not on-line.

O/S info: Windows 10 Pro, Version 20H2, OS build 19042.1586, Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4170.0

Here are the installed versions, per VS, that I posted previously:

Intel Libraries for oneAPI Package ID: w_oneAPI_2022.0.0.161
Intel Libraries for oneAPI – toolkit version: 2022.1.0, extension version 22.0.0.17, Package ID: w_oneAPI_2022.0.0.161, Copyright © 2019-2021 Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.

Intel® C++ Compiler
Intel® C++ Compiler – toolkit version: , extension version 22.0.17, Package ID: , Copyright © 2002-2021 Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.

Intel® C++ Compiler Classic Package ID: w_oneAPI_2022.0.0.161
Intel® C++ Compiler Classic – toolkit version: 2022.1.0, extension version 19.2.9.17, Package ID: w_oneAPI_2022.0.0.161, Copyright © 2002-2021 Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.

Intel® Fortran Compiler Package ID: w_oneAPI_2022.0.0.161
Intel® Fortran Compiler – toolkit version: 2022.1.0, extension version 22.0.0065.17, Package ID: w_oneAPI_2022.0.0.161, Copyright © 2002-2021 Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.

Intel® oneAPI DPC++ Compiler
Intel® oneAPI DPC++ Compiler – toolkit version: , extension version 22.0.0.17, , Copyright © 2019-2021 Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.

Intel® oneAPI Menu & Samples 10.10.392.9731
Intel® oneAPI Visual Studio Menu & Samples Extension

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi AONym,

Thanks for the information. As a workaround, we would recommend you go through the below steps (in the mentioned order) and proceed only when the previous step has been completed.

• Uninstall the Visual Studio Community 2022 Version 17.1.1 i.e. currently installed. Kindly visit the below link to find Microsoft's recommended ways to uninstall and remove Visual Studio completely.
  • Use the installers (that were used for the installation) of the currently installed Intel® oneAPI toolkits & components to try repairing them through the same installers.
  • Thereafter uninstall the repaired versions through the installers.
  • Install Visual Studio 2022 - Version 17.1 with the Desktop development with C++ component selected.
  • Try installing Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit 2022.1.3.

However, please let us know if the issue persists. Have a nice day ahead.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
AONym
New Contributor II

This is unacceptable, and way too much work to even try. Fix the Intel installer.

0 Kudos
faber__byron
Novice

Just to verify @Soumya_M_Intel , you want us to install 17.1 NOT 17.1.1?

e.g.  the latest 2022 still doesn't work?

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi AONym,

Thanks for your patience so far. We understand your frustration and we apologize for the inconvenience caused. However, please note, the issue is not occurring with the Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit 2022.1.3 i.e. the new release where integration with Microsoft* Visual Studio* 2022 version 17.1.x has been fixed i.e. 17.1.1 would also work.

This is an uninstallation issue with the previous version of the toolkit which is currently installed on the system. Please understand any new fix that is released would require the currently installed version to be uninstalled first. However, to clarify in simple language - Visual Studio 2022 is blocking the toolkit from being completely uninstalled.

So via the previously mentioned steps, we are trying to revert your system to a state where no instances of both Visual Studio or Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit are installed. This will allow a fresh installation.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi faber__byron,

We apologize for the misunderstanding caused. Visual Studio 17.1.1 can be installed in the last steps of the workaround. It would not be an issue to Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit 2022.1.3 as the integration issue with Microsoft* Visual Studio* 2022 version 17.1.x has been fixed.

However, the main concern before that is to remove every instance of Visual Studio & Intel® oneAPI Toolkit installed. It is required to perform a clean installation. You may also refer to our reply on your post thread.

Link: https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-oneAPI-Registration/Updating-base-toolkit-fails-gdb-uninstall-fails/m-p/1369356#M2663

Looking forward to your update there.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi AONym,

Please let us know if there are any further queries or concerns.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi AONym,

We understand that you might be looking into the issue. However, this is to update you that we have not heard from you on our previous responses. Please reply within the next 24 business hours to keep this thread active.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos