oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.
1261 Discussions

Re: KNOWN ISSUE with Intel oneAPI Toolkits versions 2022.1 and 2022.1.2 and standalone components

sindizzy
Novice

There has to be a other solutions than to uninstall VS versions and the oneAPI packages. On my setup, that could easily take half a day to a full day. I have many packages and extensions and customization that will need to be redone.

I tried to update to 2022.2.0.9570 with the most current VS2019 and VS2022 and it crashed towards the end. Now my current setup for IFORT doesn't work and I can't uninstall and I can't update the oneAPI packages. I can't afford the downtime to re-do my whole VS setup. I will try any shortcuts if you have them.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
ArpanB_Intel

Hi, instead of uninstalling them, could you try installing the latest Intel® oneAPI Base & HPC Toolkit 2022.3. oneAPI compiler 2022.3 released recently is compatible with VS2022 17.3, VS2022 17.2.3 and VS2022 17.2.6 (limited testing).

To download the latest toolkits for free, visit here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/articles/news/free-intel-software-developer-tools.html

0 Kudos
sindizzy
Novice

I tried 2022.3 and got the same error.

0 Kudos
sindizzy
Novice

and now my entire Visual Studio is hosed up! I'm getting all these error messages when I open and close a C# project.

---------------------------
Intel® Distribution for GDB*
Extension was not loaded correctly. Environment Variable "ONEAPI_ROOT" is not valid.
OK

Microsoft Visual Studio
Could not load file or assembly 'Intel.Misc.Utilities, Version=19.2.17.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5caa3becd8c4c9ee' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
OK

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Hi, we had checked with our internal team on this issue.

Unfortunately, we do not have an alternative workaround to this error that would allow you to skip the step of uninstallation of the compiler software and the Visual Studio IDE application.

0 Kudos
sindizzy
Novice

This is a terrible experience. I couldn't work on any of my C# projects because the oneAPI package completely messed up Visual Studio. So I had to spend a whole afternoon uninstalling everything and re-installing.

For the moment, I am hesitating to recommend oneAPI to our management and engineers. What would be comforting to know is if Intel is working on this issue so it doesn't happen again in future packages. Is that the case with this issue? Or what is being done about it so that the end user does not encounter what I encountered?

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Hi, we apologize for the inconvenience caused. We thank you sharing your valuable feedback with us. We have passed it on to our experts for further consideration.

We can assure you that we are actively working on this integration issue internally and we expect to address it in our future releases and thus improving the overall experience of our product.

Please let us know if you have any further concerns on the same.

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Hi, unfortunately we were unable to hear back from you.

If you have any further queries, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel®.

0 Kudos