oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.

Re: OneAPI 2023 installation fails

PeterBakker
Novice

Jasper,

I have the same issue that the OneAPI install fails and rolls back on the Intel® Distribution for GDB*.

I uninstalled all previous Visual studio versions and OneAPI versions. Starting fresh I still get the same error.

Hope someone can find a solution.

Best regasrds,

Peter

0 Kudos
1 Solution
PeterBakker
Novice

Dear Soumya,

If I install Visual Studio 2019 (latest version), I am able to install the oneAPI basekit and HPC (fortran).

Thanks,

Peter

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi Peter,

Thanks for posting regarding your concern on the prior forum thread. Please note, this a new forum post that has been generated (from your comment) by our internal team so that we could assist you regarding your concern.

We appreciate you describing the issue. However, kindly let us know the below details. They will allow us to confirm and understand the situation better.

• The version of the Windows operating system.
  • During the installation of which Intel® oneAPI toolkits (name & version) are you facing the issue?
  • A screenshot of the issue from the GUI installer.
  • The log files (if available).
  • What are the versions & builds of Visual Studio recently uninstalled & currently installed (if any)?
  • What are the Intel® product toolkits & suites recently uninstalled & currently installed (if any)?
  • Did you uninstall the Intel® products & Visual Studio using their own installers?
  • Have you tried using the InstallCleanup.exe to make sure the Visual Studio instances are properly uninstalled? If not, you may refer to the below link for more information regarding it.

Looking forward to your update. 

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
PeterBakker
Novice

Hi Soumya,

my windows version is: Windows 10 Enterprise, 21H2

I face the same issue with OneAPI BaseKit packages since at least 2022.2.0.252

Currently attempting w_BaseKit_p_202.0.0.25940_offline.exe. Got error as described above.

Just uninstalled Visual Studio again (17.4.3) and ran the InstallCleanup.exe

Reinstalled Visual Studio 17.4.3 (Community)

And tried to install w_BaseKit_p_202.0.0.25940_offline.exe. Again with the same error.

See screenshot and log file below.

Hope you are able to help

PeterBakker_0-1672838895644.png

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi PeterBakker,

Thanks for sharing the details on the thread. We are checking on them with our resources. Please wait for 2-3 business days. We will get back to you as soon as possible.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your patience. Based on the information shared earlier, we would recommend you go through the below steps in the mentioned order (and only proceed if the prior step is complete).

• Close any running Intel® installers, Visual Studio instances and Visual Studio Installer.
  • Uninstall the Microsoft Visual Studio 2022 17.4.3 & any other version (if left) completely by using the InstallCleanup.exe mentioned in the below link.
  • Check & make sure that C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\VisualStudio\Setup\x86\Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Configuration.Native.dll does NOT exist anymore. If it was NOT removed with Microsoft Visual Studio for some reason, please unregister the DLL using 
    • 'REGSVR32 /U C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\VisualStudio\Setup\x86\Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Configuration.Native.dll'
    • command in Command Prompt as Administrator, and then rename the file to Backup_Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Configuration.Native.dll so the Intel® Installer can't load it.
  • Try installing a compatible version of Visual Studio for the toolkit instead of Visual Studio 2022 17.4.3. You may refer to the below link to find compatible Visual Studio builds that have been tested and validated by our engineering team of each toolkit release. 
  • Try installing the Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit version 2023.

However, please feel free to let us know if there are any queries or concerns while trying out the steps. Kindly update us if the issue has been resolved. Looking forward to your response.

Hope you have a wonderful day ahead!

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
PeterBakker
Novice

Dear Soumya,

unfortunately this did not solve the issue 

PeterBakker_0-1673514714973.png

Still roll-back during GDB installation

Regards,

Peter

0 Kudos
PeterBakker
Novice

Dear Soumya,

If I install Visual Studio 2019 (latest version), I am able to install the oneAPI basekit and HPC (fortran).

Thanks,

Peter

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi Peter,

Thanks for sharing your update on the thread. Glad to know that the product toolkits installed successfully.

As per your response, we are proceeding with closing this thread. However, if you need any additional information, please feel free to post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel®. We are here to assist you.

Hope you have a great day ahead!

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos