I had oneAPI base toolkit_2021.4.0.3421_offline installed on Windows server 2019. I uninstalled it recently following the guide "Use the Add/Remove Programs option from the Control Panel". After that, I also deleted manually the Intel folder in Program Files (x86). However, when I tried to re-install oneAPI base toolkit using the same offline installation file, I got the error message "Integrity Check failed. Checksum of file C:\ProgramData\Intel\InstrallerCache\DownloadCache\intel.oneapi.win.basekit.getting_started,v=2021.4.0-3421\manifest.json is not correct".
I have checked that there is enough disc space. I also prefer to installing the same version of oneAPI base toolkit (i.e. v.2021.4) as before. Could you please let me know how to deal with this problem?
Hi Jinbao, please follow the below steps:
- Close Intel® installers if any.
- Uninstall all Microsoft Visual Studio instances and Visual Studio Installer.
- Important: check that C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\VisualStudio\Setup\x86\Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Configuration.Native.dll does not exist anymore. If it was not removed with Microsoft Visual Studio for some reason, please unregister the DLL using
- REGSVR32 /U C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\VisualStudio\Setup\x86\Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Configuration.Native.dll
- command in Command Prompt as Administrator, and then rename the file to Backup_Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Configuration.Native.dll so the Intel® Installer can't load it.
- Uninstall older Intel® Parallel Studio XE and Intel® oneAPI products.
- Install required versions of Microsoft Visual Studio supported by the Intel® Parallel Studio XE. See the full list here. For the Intel® Parallel Studio XE 2020 Update 4, the supported versions are Visual Studio 2017 15.9 and Visual Studio 2019 16.7.2.