oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.
1258 Discussions

Re: oneAPI installation problem 2022.2.3

Robert_B_6
Beginner

Similar issues.

I can't install updates to Intel OneAPI - log messages do not correspond with VS2019 - they are messages relating to other components.

I can't repair the installation of Intel OneAPI either.  Messages like:

03/20/2022 14:31:50:638 : 18252 : ERROR : Repair of component has failed.
    Component id: intel.oneapi.win.dpcpp_debugger.vsmi.vs2022, name: Intel® Distribution for GDB*, version: 2021.5.0-115.
    Error: Sequence execution failed.

I can't uninstall Intel OneAPI either to try to start over.  I would entertain uninstalling all of Visual Studio but I don't have a full day to set aside for this experiment when other people are saying it fails for them.

So I can't update, repair, or uninstall.  Am I going to be forced to wipe the Windows OS clean and rebuild my entire system?

Why is it hard to simply give us a big hammer "uninstall even with failures" mode?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ArpanB_Intel

Information shared internally to the user:

• Close Intel® installers if any.
  • Uninstall all Microsoft Visual Studio instances and Visual Studio Installer.
  • Important: check that C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\VisualStudio\Setup\x86\Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Configuration.Native.dll does not exist anymore. If it was not removed with Microsoft Visual Studio for some reason, please unregister the DLL using
  • REGSVR32 /U C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\VisualStudio\Setup\x86\Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Configuration.Native.dll
  • command in Command Prompt as Administrator, and then rename the file to Backup_Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Configuration.Native.dll so the Intel® Installer can't load it.
  • Uninstall older Intel® Parallel Studio XE and Intel® oneAPI products.
  • Install required versions of Microsoft Visual Studio supported by the Intel® Parallel Studio XE/ONEAPI. See the full list here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/articles/reference-implementation/intel-compilers-compatibility-with-microsoft-visual-studio-and-xcode.html.
  • Install Intel® Parallel Studio XE

User confirmed internally:

I commented in the main thread. It is now fixed, thanks. However, because of my internet speed (I'm in a rural area and must work off a closed LTE network, it was a 10 hour ordeal to uninstall and re-install everything. So I'm hoping I don't need to set aside a full day to update in the future. But thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
ArpanB_Intel

Hi Robert, could you share the below information for us so that we get a clearer picture of your issue:

• You state that you cannot update your oneAPI installation to the latest 2022.1.3 version. Can you confirm the current version of Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit installed on your system
  • Do you have Microsoft Visual Studio 2022 installed in your system apart from Microsoft Visual Studio 2019

We would need the above information to decide on the next steps of providing support for your query.

0 Kudos
Robert_B_6
Beginner

oneAPI Base Toolkt 2021.4, and 2022 are on the system because I can't upgrade or delete or modify either one of them.

Intel oneAPI DPC++/C++ compiler runtime 22.0.3692 is on this system.

Per discussion on this thread, I have already removed VS2022.

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Robert, we have contacted you privately with an update. Please check your inbox for further information related to this issue.

0 Kudos
Robert_B_6
Beginner

Thanks, I don't see the PM, but I believe the contact was there in my email.  Looking forward to a resolution.

0 Kudos
Robert_B_6
Beginner

I received notification of your PM, but it's not in my inbox, so I'll respond here.

Completely disabling Bitdefender (my antivirus software) per their instructions did not work.

Updates to the installation failed almost immediately stating:

Removal of component failed.
  Component id: intel.oneapi.win.cpp-compiler.ide.shared-bt_llvm_vs2017, name: IDE C++ shared LLVM BT for Visual Studio 2017, version: 2021.4.0-364.
  Error: Sequence execution failed.

Note that your installer correctly reported that VS2022 is not on this machine.

I'm re-enabling Bitdefender.

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Robert, we have contacted you privately with the necessary information. Please check your inbox for further updates.

0 Kudos
Robert_B_6
Beginner

I've added an archive to the support request under my account.

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Information shared internally to the user:

• Close Intel® installers if any.
  • Uninstall all Microsoft Visual Studio instances and Visual Studio Installer.
  • Important: check that C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\VisualStudio\Setup\x86\Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Configuration.Native.dll does not exist anymore. If it was not removed with Microsoft Visual Studio for some reason, please unregister the DLL using
  • REGSVR32 /U C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\VisualStudio\Setup\x86\Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Configuration.Native.dll
  • command in Command Prompt as Administrator, and then rename the file to Backup_Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Configuration.Native.dll so the Intel® Installer can't load it.
  • Uninstall older Intel® Parallel Studio XE and Intel® oneAPI products.
  • Install required versions of Microsoft Visual Studio supported by the Intel® Parallel Studio XE/ONEAPI. See the full list here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/articles/reference-implementation/intel-compilers-compatibility-with-microsoft-visual-studio-and-xcode.html.
  • Install Intel® Parallel Studio XE

User confirmed internally:

I commented in the main thread. It is now fixed, thanks. However, because of my internet speed (I'm in a rural area and must work off a closed LTE network, it was a 10 hour ordeal to uninstall and re-install everything. So I'm hoping I don't need to set aside a full day to update in the future. But thanks.

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Robert, thank you for sharing the confirmation with us. We are glad that the issue has been resolved. 

We also thank you for sharing your feedback for the future releases. We have sent forward to the respective channels for further consideration.

Having said that, we are closing this thread. If you have any further queries, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel®.

0 Kudos