oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.
1261 Discussions

Reapply for Educator Intel® Parallel Studio XE Cluster Edition for Windows access

mottelet
Beginner

Hi,

Some time ago I was a user of Parallel Studio XE Cluster Edition for Windows with an Educator license. Since  July 17, 2019 my access expired, and now I cannot reapply. I still have all the software on my machine and I dont't want to upgrade to One API (I still need the old version of tools and libraries). Does the Educator program still exist ?

Thanks for your help

S.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi mottelet,

Thanks for posting your concern on the forum. No, the free Educator license program no longer exists since Intel® has transitioned from providing Intel® Parallel Studio XE as a free tool (educator license) to providing Intel® oneAPI Toolkits as a free tool. The request for Intel® Parallel Studio XE free license registration/renewal is outside of our scope of assistance.

We understand that you are currently NOT interested in the Intel® oneAPI Toolkits, however, please know that the transition from Intel® Parallel Studio XE to Intel® oneAPI Toolkits delivers additional capabilities through existing tools and new tools. In the future, if you wish, you may click on the below link to choose and download the required product tools with respect to Intel® oneAPI Toolkits.

Link - https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/articles/qualify-for-free-software.html

Note - Make sure to download and install Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit first and then add Intel® oneAPI HPC Toolkit or the toolkit of your choice.

Nonetheless, since you were a part of our previous Student, Academic or Open Source Developer Tools program, there is an option to extend your existing license of Intel® Parallel Studio XE. You may try emailing your serial number and contact information to software_tools_request@intel.com to request a license. However, please know, the chances of getting a license are low and it is not guaranteed.

The only other way left, to get the Intel® Parallel Studio XE suite is by purchasing a commercial or academic license for Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit & HPC Toolkit. You may contact our resellers for more information regarding the purchase.

Resellers' Link: https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/tools/resellers.html

Have a nice day ahead!

Regards,

Soumya

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi mottelet,

Thanks for posting your concern on the forum. No, the free Educator license program no longer exists since Intel® has transitioned from providing Intel® Parallel Studio XE as a free tool (educator license) to providing Intel® oneAPI Toolkits as a free tool. The request for Intel® Parallel Studio XE free license registration/renewal is outside of our scope of assistance.

We understand that you are currently NOT interested in the Intel® oneAPI Toolkits, however, please know that the transition from Intel® Parallel Studio XE to Intel® oneAPI Toolkits delivers additional capabilities through existing tools and new tools. In the future, if you wish, you may click on the below link to choose and download the required product tools with respect to Intel® oneAPI Toolkits.

Link - https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/articles/qualify-for-free-software.html

Note - Make sure to download and install Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit first and then add Intel® oneAPI HPC Toolkit or the toolkit of your choice.

Nonetheless, since you were a part of our previous Student, Academic or Open Source Developer Tools program, there is an option to extend your existing license of Intel® Parallel Studio XE. You may try emailing your serial number and contact information to software_tools_request@intel.com to request a license. However, please know, the chances of getting a license are low and it is not guaranteed.

The only other way left, to get the Intel® Parallel Studio XE suite is by purchasing a commercial or academic license for Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit & HPC Toolkit. You may contact our resellers for more information regarding the purchase.

Resellers' Link: https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/tools/resellers.html

Have a nice day ahead!

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
mottelet
Beginner

Hello,

I already mailed software_tools_request@intel.com  two weeks ago and provided my previous license information, but didn't get any answer. I saw in another thread (very similar to this one) that the correct contact address may not be software_tools_request@intel.com  . However, the message does not mention the contact email at Intel. 

S.

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi mottelet,

Thank you for getting back to us on the post. Please note, we had provided the correct email id: software_tools_request@intel.com. Nonetheless, you may refer to the bottom of the below link to confirm the email address.

Link: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/articles/news/free-intel-software-developer-tools.html

Users have previously updated us that they have received product via the same method. We are sorry to know that you have received no update from their end. Kindly make sure to provide your contact information along with the license information (serial number). However, as mentioned before, please know, the chances of getting a license are low and it is not guaranteed.

Note: Our team focuses on support regarding the getting started (registration, installation, etc) for the Intel® oneAPI Toolkits, Intel® Parallel Studio XE and Intel® System Studio. However, for purchase or extension, the teams are as provided.

The only other way left, to get the Intel® Parallel Studio XE suite is by purchasing a commercial or academic license for Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit & HPC Toolkit. You may contact our resellers for more information regarding the purchase.

Resellers' Linkhttps://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/tools/resellers.html

Have a pleasant day ahead!

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi mottelet,

Please let us know if there are any further queries or concerns.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi mottelet,

We understand that you might be looking into the issue based on the information provided. However, we would like to update you that we have not heard from you on our previous responses. Kindly reply within the next 24 business hours to keep this thread active.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos