oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions for Intel oneAPI Toolkits, Intel Parallel Studio XE and Intel System Studio

Reinstall Intel compiler (Win10)

pstickar_thl
Beginner

Hello people,

I'm trying to reinstall the Intel compiler on a Win10 computer. Unfortunately I did the error of uninstalling the "Intel software manager" before. Now I can neither uninstall the compiler nor repair it.

How can I reinstall the Intel software Manager? Is there a download site?

Many thanks in advance!!

Kind regards,

Pablo

PS: I'm not sure of posting at the right location. Do please redirect me to the proper location. Thank you!

0 Kudos
25 Replies
pstickar_thl
Beginner

Just to clarify:

- I uninstalled the "Intel Software Manager" from Windows->Settings->Apps and selecting it from the list. I had no clue that it was important to uninstall the other things.

- When I try to uninstall the compiler the same way, it requires elevation, which I give, and then nothing else happens (my guess is that the uninstaller crashes in background).

- When I try to install the compiler anew by using the installer, the installation starts, extracts the files, and abruptly ends (it crashes) without any error message. The same happens with older versions of the compiler (I tried 2018 and 2019).

Any hint will be highly appreciated.

p.

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Hi Pablo, recently Intel® Software Manager servers went down permanently. Thus, you will not be able to use the Intel® Software Manager as it will not be able to connect to the servers. Please note that post 2020 when the transition from Intel® Parallel Studio XE had happened, Intel® Software Manager went out of support. However, the servers were still active until now.

0 Kudos
pstickar_thl
Beginner

Hello ArpanB,

thank you for your answer.

Without the servers, do the old installers work? What would be the right way to install the compiler, assuming a clean install?

I have the impression that the old installers try to connect. And crash.

Kind regards,

Pablo

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Pablo, you would need the full installer(file size closer to gigabyte or more) and the license file in that case. We would suggest you to activate the software using the license file method and not the license serial number method. For guidance, visit here> https://www.intel.com/content/dam/develop/external/us/en/documents/parallel-studio-xe-install-guide-windows-738045.pdf

Could you confirm the full name of the Intel® product you are trying to install with it's release version?

We would like to know.

0 Kudos
pstickar_thl
Beginner

Hello ArpanB,

Ideally I would like to (re)install

parallel_studio_xe_2018_update4_composer_edition_for_cpp_setup.exe

Do you think it is possible?

I have the full file (almost 2GB). Right now this installer crashes after extracting the files (I get to see the banner for a few seconds). No error message.

I would like to generate the license file, but I cannot find the way to do that. I only have a license number, which I registered. After registering, I get the possibility to upgrade, but I do not get the possibility to generate a license file. How do I do that?

Thank you for your help!

Kind regards,

Pablo

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Pablo, we have contacted you privately to gather some information. Please check your inbox and respond to us there as the information is non-public in nature.

0 Kudos
pstickar_thl
Beginner

Hello ArpanB,

I replied your private message. The destination address is a "nonreply@.....intel.com", so I'm not sure if I understood it correctly. I hope you get the answer.

Kind regards,

Pablo

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Pablo, unfortunately we were unable to receive your message. We have again contacted you internally with the regarding instructions.

Please check your inbox and make sure to respond there as the information is non-public in nature.

0 Kudos
pstickar_thl
Beginner

Hello ArpanB,

I "replied" once again. If it does not get through, could you please state the e-address where you expect my answer?

Your write the private e-mail from a "noreply" e-address and I have no clue where to answer other than that.

Thanks for your patience.

Kind regards,

Pablo

0 Kudos
pstickar_thl
Beginner

Hello ArpanB,

when I reply to your private message, I get an error message (undeliverable e-mail).

How can I answer your private message? Or where do I post the answer to your question?

Thank you!

Kind regards,

Pablo

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Pablo, we have sent a license file to you on your email address. Please check your email and let us know if you are able to find it.

We would like to know.

0 Kudos
pstickar_thl
Beginner

Hello ArpanB,

yes, I got the license file. Thank you! I stored it in the directory

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intel\Licenses

but the installer still does not work. It starts, requires elevation, extracts the files, shows the banner for a few seconds and crashes.

Kind regards,

Pablo

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Pablo, thank you for the update.

Could you share the installation log file with us? To know where to find them, visit> https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/articles/troubleshooting/where-can-i-find-the-installation-log-files.html

We would like to know.

0 Kudos
pstickar_thl
Beginner

Hello ArpanB,

here it goes.

Thank you!

Kind regards,

Pablo

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Pablo, we have contacted you internally with some information. Please check the inbox for further updates.

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Pablo, we have contacted you internally with some information. Please check your inbox for further updates.

0 Kudos
pstickar_thl
Beginner

Hello ArpanB,

the installer that you indicated also fails. I'm attaching its log file.

Thank you for your patience with this issue. I appreciate your help very much.

Kind regards,

Pablo

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Pablo, thank you for sharing the logs. We would try and replicate it from our end.

Could you confirm the below:

• Are you installing on a VM?
  • Could you confirm the OS build version of Windows 10 you are using?

We would like to know.

0 Kudos
pstickar_thl
Beginner

Hello ArpanB,

I'm trying to install on a native Win10 system (not a VM). The Windows specifications are:

Edition: Windows 10 Enterprise

Version: 21H2

Build: 19044.2130

Kind regards,

Pablo

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Pablo, we have contacted you internally with some information. Please check your inbox for further updates.

0 Kudos