oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.
1262 Discussions

Remaining installation problem with Visual Studio and OneApi Fortran

Bernhard1
Beginner

After uninstalling all Visual Studio and oneApi packages and following suggestions given in

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/articles/troubleshooting/vs2022-version-17-2-and-intel-fortran-integration.html

but after installing VS 2022 17.3.1 intallation of intel oneApi basekit 2022.2.0-252 fails with error message:

Installation of component has failed.
Component id: intel.oneapi.win.dpcpp_debugger.fee.vs2022, name: Intel® Distribution for GDB*, version: 2021.6.0-188.
Error: Sequence execution failed.

I attach the log-file for further information,

any suggestions highly appreciated...

Thanks a lot in advance

Bernhard

0 Kudos
25 Replies
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi Bernhard1,

Thanks for posting your concern on the forum. Kindly note, the Visual Studio 2022 17.3.1 is NOT a compatible version for the toolkit. Please note, our engineering team has tested and documented the compatible Visual Studio versions and their build numbers for integration with the suite & toolkit versions. Therefore, we would recommend you to check & choose from them via the below link.

Intel® Compilers Compatibility with Microsoft Visual Studio* Linkhttps://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/articles/reference-implementation/intel-compilers-compatibility-with-microsoft-visual-studio-and-xcode.html

Kindly go through the below steps since even after uninstalling an unsupported new version, it can cause several conflicts in proper installation. The steps will allow to proceed further without any issues.

Note: We would recommend to make sure that the unsupported Microsoft Visual Studio version is uninstalled completely, by using the InstallCleanup.exe mentioned in the below link.

Linkhttps://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/visualstudio/install/uninstall-visual-studio?view=vs-2022

• Check & make sure that C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\VisualStudio\Setup\x86\Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Configuration.Native.dll does NOT exist anymore. If it was NOT removed with Microsoft Visual Studio for some reason, please unregister the DLL using 

'REGSVR32 /U C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\VisualStudio\Setup\x86\Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Configuration.Native.dll'

command in Command Prompt as Administrator, and then rename the file to Backup_Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Configuration.Native.dll so the Intel® Installer can't load it.

• Try installing a compatible version of Visual Studio for the toolkit.
  • Try installing the Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit (version 2022.2.0-252).

However, please feel free to let us know if the issue persists. Looking forward to your update. Hope you have a nice day ahead!

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
Bernhard1
Beginner

Hello Soumya,

many thanks for the information and suggestions! In the meanwhile I installed Visual Studio 2022 Professional 17.0.2 but installing Intel oneAPI Toolkit (2022.2.0-252) still fails...

First installer complains about some existing installations (Intel 19.1 c++ and fortran) which are already included into Visual Studio and when proceeding installation breaks with error message

Installation of component has failed.
Component id: intel.oneapi.win.dpcpp_debugger.fee.vs2022, name: Intel® Distribution for GDB*, version: 2021.6.0-188.
Error: Sequence execution failed.

Any further suggestions highly appreciated,

many thanks in advance,

Bernhard

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi Bernhard1,

Thanks for letting us know about the current status of the issue. We are currently going through all the prior details again and checking the recently provided log with our resources. Kindly wait for 2-3 business days. We will get back to you as soon as possible.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi Bernhard1,

Thanks for your patience while we were checking with our resources. We have gone through the prior log file, the recent log file and the responses again. However, we seem to be missing a few details to confirm the current situation. For that, we would require the below information. Kindly get back to us with them.

• The version of the windows operating system.
  • copy of the Info (using 'Copy Info') from 'About' of the Help section of Visual Studio(s) currently installed on the system.
  • Are you using the full/offline installer of the toolkit?
  • Is there any antivirus enabled during the installation?
  • Is there one or more than one Visual Studio instance(s) installed on the system?
  • screenshot of the path: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\VisualStudio\Setup\x86\
  • In the last response, you mentioned that you had installed Visual Studio 2022 Professional 17.0.2 in the meantime.
    • Did you uninstall the Visual Studio 2022 17.3.1 before that?
    • Had you tried the steps of checking, unregistering and renaming the dll file mentioned in our last response? We are asking this since as mentioned in our last response, the unsupported version affects the installation of the toolkit even after it is uninstalled when the provided steps are not followed in the correct order.

Looking forward to your findings.

Regards.

Soumya

0 Kudos
Bernhard1
Beginner

Hello Soumya,

in the meanwhile I also tried intallation and uninstallation of intel parallel studio xe2020, by which I got rid of the complainings about already existing installations of Intel 19.1 c++ and fortran packages but the error about gdb still remains...

To your questions:

• Windows operating system tells
    Edition Windows 10 Education
    Version 21H2
    Installiert am ‎21.‎06.‎2021
    Betriebssystembuild 19044.1889
    Leistung Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4180.0
  • Visual Studio Info:

Microsoft Visual Studio Professional 2022
    Version 17.0.2
    VisualStudio.17.Release/17.0.2+31919.166
    Microsoft .NET Framework
    Version 4.8.04084

Installierte Version: Professional

Visual C++ 2022 00476-80000-00000-AA587
    Microsoft Visual C++ 2022

ASP.NET and Web Tools 2019 17.0.793.11735
    ASP.NET and Web Tools 2019

C#-Tools 4.0.1-1.21568.1+6ab6601178d9fba8c680b56934cd1742e0816bff
    C#-Komponenten, die in der IDE verwendet werden. Abhängig von Ihrem Projekttyp und den zugehörigen Einstellungen kann eine andere Version des Compilers verwendet werden.

Microsoft JVM Debugger 1.0
    Provides support for connecting the Visual Studio debugger to JDWP compatible Java Virtual Machines

Microsoft MI-Based Debugger 1.0
    Provides support for connecting Visual Studio to MI compatible debuggers

Microsoft Visual C++-Assistenten 1.0
    Microsoft Visual C++-Assistenten

NuGet-Paket-Manager 6.0.1
    NuGet-Paket-Manager in Visual Studio. Weitere Informationen zu NuGet finden Sie unter https://docs.nuget.org/.

ProjectServicesPackage Extension 1.0
    ProjectServicesPackage Visual Studio Extension Detailed Info

Testadapter für Boost.Test 1.0
    Aktiviert Visual Studio-Testtools mit Komponententests, die für Boost.Test geschrieben wurden. Nutzungsbedingungen und Drittanbieterhinweise stehen im Installationsverzeichnis der Erweiterung zur Verfügung.

Testadapter für Google Test 1.0
    Ermöglicht die Verwendung von Visual Studio-Testtools mit Komponententests, die für Google Test geschrieben wurden. Die Nutzungsbedingungen und Drittanbieterhinweise stehen im Installationsverzeichnis der Erweiterung zur Verfügung.

TypeScript-Tools 17.0.1001.2002
    TypeScript-Tools für Microsoft Visual Studio

VC-Paket für Microsoft Visual Studio 1.0
    VC-Paket für Microsoft Visual Studio

Visual Basic-Tools 4.0.1-1.21568.1+6ab6601178d9fba8c680b56934cd1742e0816bff
    Visual Basic-Komponenten, die in der IDE verwendet werden. Abhängig von Ihrem Projekttyp und den zugehörigen Einstellungen kann eine andere Version des Compilers verwendet werden.

Visual Studio-Tools für CMake 1.0
    Visual Studio-Tools für CMake

Visual Studio Code-Debugadapter-Hostpaket 1.0
    Interopebene zum Hosten der Visual Studio Code-Adapter in Visual Studio

Visual Studio IntelliCode 2.2
    KI-gestützte Entwicklung für Visual Studio.

• I'm using the following downloaded file for installation
    w_BaseKit_p_2022.2.0.252_offline.exe
    for me it looks like full and offline
  • There is ZENworks Endpoint Security-Anti-Malware running on my Notebook, as it is not my private one
  • there were different versions/instances of Visual Studio installed on the system but currently there is only 17.0.2 professional
  • Screenshot is
    Bernhard1_0-1661353514661.png

• yes 17.3.1 was uninstalled before installing 17.0.2 and I followed the steps for unregestering/renaming the dll - see screenshot above

Current status when trying to install BaseKit 2022.2.0.252 is error when installing gdb during cpcpp package installation, I attach the log file for further information.

I further attach the log file of dpcpp_debugger with more detailed messages of the installation trial

Many thanks for your help in advance,

Best regards, Bernhard

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi Bernhard1,

Thanks for all the details. Based on them, we are currently trying to re-create the environment & replicate the error. Please wait for 2-3 business days. We will get back to you as soon as we can.

Hope you have a nice day ahead!

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi Bernhard1,

Thanks for your patience while we were replicating the issue and checking with our internal team. Recently our internal team has encountered some similar issues due to Visual Studio 2022 (compatible versions as well). We apologize for the inconvenience caused due to it. Our internal team is currently working diligently to find a resolution for the issue.

However, for now as a workaround, they have recommended you install the Visual Studio 2019 16.11.2 as it is a compatible Visual Studio version for the Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit version 2022.2.0-252 aside from Visual Studio 2022. We have also tested installation with it and found it to be successful.

Kindly go through the same steps as mentioned before to remove Visual Studio 2022 17.3.1. It will allow to avoid any conflicts even after uninstalling Visual Studio 2022.

Please feel free to let us know if there are any queries or concerns even after trying the steps for the Visual Studio 2019 16.11.2. Kindly update us if the issue has been resolved. Looking forward to your response.

Hope you have a wonderful day ahead!

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
Bernhard1
Beginner

Hello Soumya,

thanks for your response - according to that I performed the following:

.) uninstallation of Visual Studio 2022 17.0.2

.) call to InstallCleanup.exe as administrator from the command line

.) removing the registry entry via "REGSVR32 /U C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\VisualStudio\Setup\x86\Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Configuration.Native.dll" as administrator from the command line

.) renaming "Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Configuration.Native.dll" to some "Backup_....dll"

.) Installing Visual Studio 2019 16.11.2 with Desktop C++ package

.) Installing Intel oneAPI base kit 2022.2.0-252 chrashes with same error as before, see attached log files...

If I look into Program Files (x86)\Intel\ I cannot find a oneAPI directory, but searching for it in the registry I can find more than 60 entries referencing this directory as installation directory... Are all of these broken registry entries? Can they cause my troubles? If so how can I get rid of them?

Any help highly appreciated,

many tanks in advance

Bernhard

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi Bernhard1,

Thanks for the information. I am escalating the ticket to our higher team to check on this issue with them further. Please wait for 2-3 business days. We will get back to you as soon as possible.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
Bernhard1
Beginner

Hello Soumya,

do you have new informations from your higher team? I'm highly interested in running the compiler for my project and your help is highly appreciated...

Regards,

Bernhard

0 Kudos
Bernhard1
Beginner

Hello Soumya,

I'm now waiting for 3 weeks to hear back from you - some new informations would be highly appreciated...

Many thanks in advance,

Regards,

Bernhard

0 Kudos
Bernhard1
Beginner

Hello Soumya,

I noticed a new version of oneAPI base kit (2022.3) available since September 23, 2022 - shall I try this version together with Visual Studio 2022 17.2.3?

Do you have new informations from your higher team in the meanwhile?

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated...

Many thanks in advance,

Regards,

Bernhard

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi Bernhard1,

Thanks for your response. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused. There was a technical glitch due to which none of the communications that they tried or you had sent reached each other. It was an issue on our end and we are really sorry for it.

Since I had escalated the concern, it was directly with our higher team. Due to that, I did not have access to figure it from our interface or the community directly. I just got the access back with miscommunication and found the technical issue.

Based on your responses, I have re-checked with them. Our new version has resolved a lot of the earlier issues. Therefore, if the issue persists, kindly try installing the Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit 2022.3 with Visual Studio 2022 17.3.

We apologize again for the delay occurred due to our technical issue. Please feel free to let us know if you have any conflicts or concerns.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
Bernhard1
Beginner

Hello Soumya,

thanks for your answer, but unfortunatedly the issue persists.... I have installed VS 2022 17.3.0 in the meanwhile, but installing oneAPI Toolkit 2022.3 crashes with the same error as before... I attach the log file for further inspection...

Any suggestions highly appreciated,

best regards, Bernhard

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi Bernhard,

Thanks for sharing the information & log with us. Kindly go through the below steps and share the following. They will allow us to further investigate the issue with our internal team. However, we will make sure that the delay and inconvenience that occurred last time, doesn't happen again.

• In your keyboard, press Win+R
  • In the Run dialog box, type: %temp%/intel_oneapi_installer and hit Enter
  • In the temp directory, right click on any blank space and go to select Properties from the drop down menu. It should open the Temp properties dialog box.
  • In the Temp properties dialog box, check the Attributes section at the bottom
  • You should find Read Only as selected. Click on the Hidden option as well and select Apply
  • In the new dialog box that appears, select the option: Apply changes to this folder, subfolder and files.
  • It should show all the files including the hidden ones. Please share the hidden logs with us.

Looking forward to your update.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi Bernhard,

Please provide us with the requested logs. It will allow us to check further. Looking forward to your update.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
Bernhard1
Beginner

Hello Soumya,

thanks for your message, please find the log-files attached...

Regards, Bernhard

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi Bernhard,

Thanks for the logs. I am escalating them to our higher team. Also, I will make sure that the issue from the last time does not occur again. Kindly wait for 2-3 business days. We will get back to you as soon as possible.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi Bernhard,

We appreciate your patience. We just wanted to keep you updated that we are still working on the issue with our engineering team. Please be assured, we will get back to you as soon as we receive an update from them.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
Bernhard1
Beginner

Hello Soumya,

many thanks for the update, I'll wait for more inforamtion coming... 

Good luck,

Bernhard

0 Kudos