oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.

Request Permission to use Sudo

mochongli
Novice

i want to use sudo and apt to install any packgage and runtime i need to use in my project but i can't use it and then i can't develop anything because i not have sudo, apt and superuser privileged

sudo:

Dear User,

this server does not allow you to run "sudo".

If you need to install a dependency, please put it in your home directory.
* For autotools, you can do it with "./configure --prefix=~/my-path"
* For Python packages, use "pip install <package_name> --user" or create a Conda environment.

Sincerely,
Admins

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ArpanB_Intel

Hi, this is due to you not having root privileges. Sudo access allows a user to execute all permitted commands as root or as any other user. Once the sudo access is given to a specific user in sudoers file, that user can execute the commands as root by executing it using the prefix sudo

The /etc/sudoers file controls who can run what commands as what users on what machines and can also control special things such as whether you need a password for particular commands. You should never edit this file with a normal text editor but always use the #visudo command instead.

Please contact your system admin to request access for the root privileges.

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Hi, unfortunately we were unable to hear back from you.

If you have any further queries, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel®.

0 Kudos