oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.

Request Permission to use Sudo

DeltCrosX
Beginner

i want to use sudo and apt to install any packgage and runtime i need to use in my project but i can't use it and then i can't develop anything because i not have sudo, apt and superuser privileged

sudo:

Dear User,

this server does not allow you to run "sudo".

If you need to install a dependency, please put it in your home directory.
* For autotools, you can do it with "./configure --prefix=~/my-path"
* For Python packages, use "pip install <package_name> --user" or create a Conda environment.

Sincerely,
Admins

apt:

E: Could not open lock file /var/lib/dpkg/lock-frontend - open (13: Permission denied)
E: Unable to acquire the dpkg frontend lock (/var/lib/dpkg/lock-frontend), are you root?

Best Regard

DeltCrosX (u85838)

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi DeltCrosX,

Thanks for posting your concern on the forum. We would recommend you check with your IT Team to get the privileges granted for use on the server system. However, do let us know if there are any other concerns. Have a nice day ahead.

Regards,

Soumya

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi DeltCrosX,

Thanks for posting your concern on the forum. We would recommend you check with your IT Team to get the privileges granted for use on the server system. However, do let us know if there are any other concerns. Have a nice day ahead.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi DeltCrosX,

Please let us know if there are any further concerns.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi DeltCrosX,

I assume that your issue is resolved. However, if you need any additional information, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel®. 

Have a nice day ahead.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos