oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.

Runtime oneapi

charliecpeterson
Beginner

I was wondering if it was possible to install only the runtime libraries when using the installer (l_BaseKit...sh, l_HPCKit..sh, etc).

I understand I can use yum/apt to get runtime library packages, but do not see certain versions available for certain runtime component packages (For example, I only see a single runtime version for mkl - intel-oneapi-runtime-mkl for 2022.0). I also wanted to control the install directory location like in the installer scripts.

Thanks! 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
ArpanB_Intel

Hi Charles, for Intel® C++ and Fortran Compilers Redistributable Libraries by Version, click here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/articles/tool/compilers-redistributable-libraries-by-version.html

For information on Runtime Versions of select runtime libraries available for oneAPI 2021, click here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/articles/tool/oneapi-standalone-components.html

0 Kudos
charliecpeterson
Beginner

Thanks for the information!

From what I can see from the link you sent, the runtime libraries for oneAPI can be installed via apt/yum/dnf or from Docker repo (though it looks like the Docker image just used recent apt repo at the time).

I was wondering if it was possible to install just the runtime libraries via the using the installer scripts (l_BaseKit...sh, l_HPCKit..sh, etc).

Thanks for your time!

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Charles, we have contacted you internally regarding your query. Please check your inbox for further update.

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Charles, we thank you for your explanation earlier with regards to the use-case scenario. We have shared the complete use-case scenario that you had shared with us to our internal team.

Currently, we can confirm that we do not have an option to install the runtime libraries using the installers, however we always try to add new features to our products. Thus, we suggest you to keep an eye out for our future updates and releases in case your method of installation is added as a feature to the product.

0 Kudos
charliecpeterson
Beginner

Thank you

Controlling the versioning of the development and runtime environment is important so we can install all of our scientific applications in any environment and go back on previous versions if needed.

I look forward to future functionally!

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Charles, we are glad that we were able to address your concern.

If you have any further queries, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel®.

0 Kudos