oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.
1284 Discussions

Sequence execution failed when installing oneAPI Base Toolkit on Windows 10

AndreaC
Novice

I'm trying to install oneAPI Base Toolkit 2021.1.0.2664 on a Windows 10 computer but the installer fails almost at the end, while installing component intel.oneapi.win.python3 with error: Sequence execution failed. Both the online and offline installers fail in the same way. Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
5 Replies
GouthamK_Intel

Hi Andrea,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

Could you please uninstall previous versions of Intel oneAPI toolkits present on your system and try installing the new oneAPI Base toolkit again?

If previous versions are already uninstalled/ not present on your system, then please follow all the steps mentioned in the Installation Guide(link given below).

https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/documentation/installation-guide-for-intel-oneapi-toolkits-windows/top.html

If the issue stills persist, please attach the screenshot of the error and the installation step page. Also, provide the error logs if applicable.

Have a Good day!

Thanks & Regards

Goutham

0 Kudos
AndreaC
Novice

Hi Goutham, thank you for your support. I tried your suggestions but I got the same result. I'm attaching a screenshot of the error. I tried to access the log with the "View log file" link on the dialog but nothing happens if I click there. Is there any other way to access the logs? 

0 Kudos
GouthamK_Intel

Hi Andrea,

Sorry for the delay!

Could you please confirm whether you are Installing Intel oneAPI Base toolkit on supported hardware? you can find details about system requirements below.

https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/articles/intel-oneapi-base-toolkit-system-requirements.html

If yes, please share the log files present in the oneAPI Installation directory.

Eg: C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI\logs

Meanwhile, could you please try installing the oneAPI Base toolkit again using offline Installer? Make sure that you close all the other applications while you are Installing the toolkit.

Regards

Goutham

0 Kudos
AndreaC
Novice

Goutham,

I double-checked the system requirements, and I can confirm that my laptop should be supported (it's an MSI gaming laptop with Intel iCore-7 and 32GB of RAM).

I closed all the other applications and started the offline installer again. After I received the usual error, I checked the installation folder but there are no logs. The 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI\" folder only contains one folder called 'Installer', and this folder doesn't seem to contain any log files. (See attached screenshots). Can the log files be in a different location?

0 Kudos
GouthamK_Intel

Hi Andrea,

As your issue is related to oneAPI toolkit Installation/Setting up the environment, we are having a dedicated forum where any issues related to Getting Started questions (registration, sign up, download, licensing, or installation) are answered.

So, we are redirecting this thread there for a faster response.

Have a Good day!

Thanks & Regards

Goutham

0 Kudos