oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.
1292 Discussions

Supported Linux distros after CentOS?

Andersson__Per
Beginner

Dear All

I am just about to put together a smaller HPC cluster and up to now we have been using CentOS in our clusters. With RH changing the release model for the OS we will have to move to another CentOS-like OS and there are already a number to choose from.

The Parallel Studio Installer is a bit fussy when it comes to supported distributions. Does anyone know which, if any, of the new distributions that Intel intends to support in the near future?

Best regards

Per

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi Per,

I understand the situation. However, it is an Intel-policy that we would not be able to disclose road-map information that has not already been made public. We also understand that this might be an inconvenience or source of frustration for our customers. However, it cannot be helped as this is corporate policy. Therefore, we would not be able to tell you if or when the Intel® Parallel Studio XE would support new distributions in the near future. Thanks for your understanding.

Regards,

Soumya

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi Per,

I understand the situation. However, it is an Intel-policy that we would not be able to disclose road-map information that has not already been made public. We also understand that this might be an inconvenience or source of frustration for our customers. However, it cannot be helped as this is corporate policy. Therefore, we would not be able to tell you if or when the Intel® Parallel Studio XE would support new distributions in the near future. Thanks for your understanding.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
Andersson__Per
Beginner

Thank you for the timely reply. It's a very understandable reply, but still a bit disappointing at the same time of course. I guess we'll just have to either go pro and buy RHEL or install CentOS and redo the installation when Intel choose one or more of the sons-of-CentOS and the support for CentOS-of-today is removed. Again, thank you for your answer.

Best regards

Per

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi Per,

Thanks for your understanding. Proceeding further we are closing this thread. However, if you need any other information, please feel free to post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel®. 

Have a nice day ahead.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos