oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.

Trouble Installing

hotlineog
Beginner

Hello, I'm having trouble installing oneapi base toolkit, when using the online or offline installer everything goes smooth until the intel oneapi splash screen appears, it stays there for 2-3 seconds and closes without any errors on screen nor in the logs, i can't install the compiler, are there any solutions?

0 Kudos
11 Replies
ArpanB_Intel

Hi Adam, could you confirm the OS build on which you are installing the software? We would need that information to decide on the next steps of providing support for your query.

0 Kudos
hotlineog
Beginner

I'm running Windows 11 Enterprise version 21H2 build 22000.526

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Adam, are you facing this issue only with the 2022 version of the toolkit? We are sharing the download link of the 2021.4 version of the toolkit. Please click here: Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit for Windows* (all tools) v2021.4, to download the software. Once done, please proceed with the installation. Do let us know if you are facing the same issue with this toolkit.

0 Kudos
hotlineog
Beginner

No, I'm having trouble with installing every version. I installed all of the toolkits one day but when i wanted to uninstall it the installer kept crashing so I deleted all of the files, registry entries, any oneapi related stuff in AppData. The program keeps crashing but when running Installer.exe from oneapi directory it says there are no products installed and crashes.

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Adam, generally we do not recommend our users to manually delete installed folders as it does create issues for further installations. We suggest you to follow this path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI\logs, to re-check if logs are being created here from the 2021 installation or not. If you find the logs in the above path, do share it with us here.

Also, please confirm whether your system meets the minimum Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit system requirements or not. To check the system requirements, click here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/articles/system-requirements/intel-oneapi-base-toolkit-system-requirements.html

0 Kudos
hotlineog
Beginner

There are no logs created. The folder is there but no log files.

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Adam, we thank you for the confirmation.

We have intimated our internal team on this issue. This might be related to a bug however, we are currently working to resolve this issue with the installer. We hope to get back to you on this with an update as early as possible.

hotlineog
Beginner

Maybe this information will help: when running detectinstalledsoftware.ps1 it prints out that it found installed software but doesn't list any.

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Adam, thank you for the update.

We have contacted you privately with some information. Please check you inbox for further updates.

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Adam, our investigation has shown us that on Microsoft* Windows*, the installation of Intel® oneAPI Toolkits versions 2022.1 and 2022.1.2 and standalone components will fail using Microsoft* Visual Studio* 2022 version 17.1.x.

There are 2 possible workarounds, prior to installing an Intel® oneAPI toolkit or component:

We are striving to provide a new release in the weeks ahead to address this installation issue. Please let me know if you have any questions on this.

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Adam, unfortunately we were unable to hear back from you.

If you have any further queries, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel®.

0 Kudos