oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions for Intel oneAPI Toolkits, Intel Parallel Studio XE and Intel System Studio

Unable to download the OneAPI Base toolkit

MaartenDeGroodt
Beginner

Dear, 

Everytime I try to download the toolkit I have to reregister my account, and eventually I just end up at my Intel dashboard. Hence, I am unable to download the toolkit.

Best regards, 

Maarten

0 Kudos
15 Replies
ronin
Beginner

Hi,

I'm also experiencing this issue. I keep getting redirected to the registration page each time I try and download the OneAPI Base toolkit.

0 Kudos
Nupur_K_Intel

Hi Maarten, we have checked from our end and confirm that the download link is working fine. We suggest you to please clear the cache and cookies of your browser. We would also insist you to try again using the incognito mode of your browser.

If the issue still persists, please share screenshots of the error screen with us. It would really help us to get a clearer idea of your encountered issue.

We await your response. Have a wonderful day ahead!

0 Kudos
Hash
Beginner
0 Kudos
Ranulfo
Beginner

Hello,

I'm finding the same problem.

I clicked on the link:
https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/articles/qualify-for-free-software.html

So, I chose the "base kit" of oneAPI and after filling in some installation information I was directed to the login page. Thus, I logged in on this page (Basic account):
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/my-intel/idz-sign-in.html?redirect=/content/www/us/en/secure/my-intel/dashboard.html

After I signed in, there was no option to download the oneAPI program. It still appears Intel® Parallel Studio XE with new download options (see picture attached). I searched in many places on my personal area, but I did not find the link to download oneAPI.

Can someone help me?

0 Kudos
Leo123
Beginner

Has the same problem...

0 Kudos
msz59
Novice

Same here. "Download" button gets me to "Register for Intel Developer Zone" page. My user data get filled automatically (except Country) so the system apparently recognizes my login. Then "Enrollment questions" and "Terms and Conditions". SUBMIT button leads to "Thank you for registering for the Intel Developer Zone". Options there are "resending verification email" (I went through that several times, to no success - it is Intel account verofication email, and I am already verified user) or going to "My Intel" - this link leads to "My Dashboard" with empty Inbox and Contents.

Trying to download once again goes just the very same path every time.

0 Kudos
msz59
Novice

PS. I tried to clear the cookies and use another browser (Safari instead of Firefox). Didn't help

Jlemon999
Beginner

I have experienced the same problem and have tried clearing cookies and using a private / incognito tab with different browsers and nothing works. It seems impossible to download the OneAPI toolkit.

0 Kudos
ekondis
Beginner

I'm facing the same problem. Always redirected to register for the developer zone even if I have already.

0 Kudos
Developer58928
Beginner

Same exact problem here. I am unable to register for Intel Developer Zone because it keeps asking me to register over and over and over and over and over again. Hey Intel, can you please fix this? I'm sure you know what an infinite loop is.

Scorp
Novice

Same exact problem. How have they not fixed this?

DavidSwofford
Beginner

Add me to the growing list of people who have this exact same problem. Two different computers (2013 MacBook Pro running macOS 10.13.6 and 2019 16" MacBook Pro running 10.15.7).

I think something is really wrong. In addition to all of the people who have replied "me too" to this thread, it's gotten an even larger number of views which means others are searching for it.

0 Kudos
Sean_B_1
Novice

I'm also experiencing the same problem.

0 Kudos
Sean_B_1
Novice

UPDATE: I was just able to get it to work using the following steps:

1. I opened this link in a Chrome Incognito Window https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/tools/oneapi/base-toolkit/download.html (I suspect logging out and/or clearing cookie would also work.)

2. After selecting OS/Distribution/Installer, I clicked the blue Download button.
    step2.PNG

3. When the "Get Your Download" window popped up, I DID NOT click "Sign in or Sign up", but INSTEAD clicked "Maybe next time. Please take me to my download." This was the only way I was able to get it to work.
    step3.PNG

Hope this helps!
JamesR
New Contributor II

I am very sorry for the issues getting the download.

Here is how to get the download without further delay:

(1) logout

(2) go to request the download while you are NOT logged in

(3) when prompt to "Sign In" or "Sign Up" look below the button and click "Maybe next time. Please take me to my download." (don't login!!!)

That should work.  If not - consider exiting and restarting your browser, or running in private (incognito) mode. Of course, let us know if you still have an issue (I will be surprised - but we'll be here for you).

If you are interested in programming for data parallelism in C++ using DPC++ and SYCL... you can download our book for free from https://link.springer.com/book/10.1007%2F978-1-4842-5574-2

With the download, and our book, you should be on your way to enjoying oneAPI.

Downloading while logged in will work correctly by March 2021.  Until then, it is quite confusing (it works if you answers all its questions - country, then company, toolkit; do not expect the email it promises;  logout, and then log in; and it will just work from then on).  Until then, you'll need to check back for updates because you only get email reminders about updates when you download while logged in.

I am sorry for the inconvenience, and I hope you all like oneAPI.  I am very excited about our emphasis on XPU programming - this is very much a vision by software developer for software developers!

I am sure the tools will give a better experience... and when you have questions about them... then I may get the chance to answer your questions in the future.

- james