oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.
1284 Discussions

Unable to install OneAPI due to unresolved issues

scofieldlin
Novice

Dear Intel OneAPI developer and user,

I accidentally deleted the folder that contains my old oneapi (2021.3) and .sh files, and when I install new oneapi (2022), it says 

====

Software Pre-requisite Check | Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are one or more unresolved issues based on your system configuration and

component selection

You can resolve all the issues without exiting the installer and re-check, or

you can exit, resolve the issues, and then run the Installation again.

Critical Pre-requisites:

(Must be resolved before Installation can begin)

Another program is being installed.

Wait until that installation is complete, and then try installing this software again.

=======

Could you help me out? I have deleted all possible files including the "." files, but the issue is still existing. 

Seemly like the configuration is hidden somewhere, but I couldn't find it. I have seen this website (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/documentation/installation-guide-for-intel-oneapi-toolkits-linux/top/uninstall-oneapi-toolkits-and-components.html), but didn't work. Sorry for the trouble, I should properly uninstall it instead of directly deleting all related folders.

Thank you in advance for your help!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
scofieldlin
Novice

Hi Arpan,

Just an update: I used the command, top, to kill my processes, and the oneapi is starting to work! Thank you so much for giving me good points!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ArpanB_Intel

Hi Xiaobo, could you try the below steps:

• Press Windows key + R
  • In the dialog box, type: msconfig and press Enter

It should open the System Configuration Utility Tool.

• Go to the Services tab
  • Click Disable all option at the bottom
  • Click Apply then OK

If you are prompted to restart the system, please do it. Once that is done, try proceeding to install the Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit again.

0 Kudos
scofieldlin
Novice

Hi Arpan,

Thank you so much for your response! I am actually using CentOS on remote, which I don't have any visualized format, could you help instruct me how to do that in CentOS using command line?

Much appreciate it!

Best,

Xiaobo

0 Kudos
scofieldlin
Novice

Hi Arpan,

Just an update: I used the command, top, to kill my processes, and the oneapi is starting to work! Thank you so much for giving me good points!

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Xiaobo, thank you for sharing the update. We are glad that your issue has been resolved.

If you have any further queries, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel®.

0 Kudos