oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.
1258 Discussions

VTune Installation Fails - Windows 11 - Visual Studio 2022 (17.1.0)

ekim1
Beginner

Trying to install 'w_oneapi_vtune_p_2022.1.0.92_offline' on Windows 11. Visual Studio 2022 (v17.1.0) is installed.  After unpacking files a message dialog is presented which states 'Installer will check your system requirements and launch automatically. Click Continue to begin.' After clicking 'Continue' the process begins but vanishes after several seconds.  I have tried multiple times to install with no success.  I previously had successfully installed the same package with Visual Studio 2019.  Is this version of Visual Studio not yet supported?  Thank you for your help!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ArpanB_Intel

Hi Elliot, our investigation has shown us that on Microsoft* Windows*, the installation of Intel® oneAPI Toolkits versions 2022.1 and 2022.1.2 and standalone components will fail using Microsoft* Visual Studio* 2022 version 17.1.x.

There are 2 possible workarounds, prior to installing an Intel® oneAPI toolkit or component:

We are striving to provide a new release in the weeks ahead to address this installation issue. Please let me know if you have any questions on this.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ArpanB_Intel

Hi Elliot, our investigation has shown us that on Microsoft* Windows*, the installation of Intel® oneAPI Toolkits versions 2022.1 and 2022.1.2 and standalone components will fail using Microsoft* Visual Studio* 2022 version 17.1.x.

There are 2 possible workarounds, prior to installing an Intel® oneAPI toolkit or component:

We are striving to provide a new release in the weeks ahead to address this installation issue. Please let me know if you have any questions on this.

0 Kudos
ekim1
Beginner

Hello,

I was able to install Intel VTune 2022.1 by replacing the Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Configuration.Native.dll with same DLL from Visual Studio 2022 17.0.6.  I am running Visual Studio Community 2022 v17.1.0.  Thanks for your assistance!

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Elliot, thank you for accepting our solution. We are glad that the issue has been resolved.

If you have any further queries, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel®.

0 Kudos